Friday, February 22, 2008

Unto us a child is born...

2:13pm 7lbs 2 oz 20". Thats's the stats. It was such a smooth and easy (easy is used loosely in describing any child birth) delivery. Jenny went in last night late and got the gel around midnight and was dialated to 2cm. 8am or so got the Pitocin (sp?) and Epideral around 9am. We were waiting all morning for the doctor to break her water, the nurses kept saying he should be here any minute. I guessed we missed his morning round and was at his office until 1pm. So Jenny got a few winks of sleep, I fell asleep around noon for 20-30 minutes. Finally, Doc showed up, the nurse wanted to insert a internal contraction monitor before he breaks the water, in that goes and she was dialated to 6cm. I honestly thought she was further along. He breaks her water and he instantly drops down enough to see top of head. The water bolsa was holding him up. Carts come flying in, old nursery ladies are ready to go, Jenny's heart rate is still racing at a blistering rate of 76 BPM. I do that making a sandwich. She pushed 3x for 10 seconds on one contraction and 2x's on the second contraction...pop. Holmes is out. BPM...88 and no sweat. I cant claim that just brushing my teeth (Sonicare). He doesnt look anything like Lily, or me or Jenny. As for the name, we are 98% sure it is Jack Stoney Burrough. We were toying with Wallace, he could go by Wally as a kid and Wallace when he is older and runs a mob operation and trys to have a man killed for not losing a fixed boxing match. My grandfathers middle name was Wallace but went by Wally. Maybe next round. Jenny only gained 16 lbs this pregnancy and just lost 3/4 of it. I am so proud of her today. I miss her being at the house and her still there (no where to sleep)

12 comments:

Jen said...

He's so cute! Jack and Wallace are both awesome names!

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

You guys he is so adorable!!! I love his nose and his hair, did you part it? TOOOOOO CUTE> I am so glad everything worked out perfect CONGRATS.. I only wished we lived closer so we could continue with our postpartum scum playing while nursing. MISS YOU GUYS

Holly Martin said...

Your seed lives on! Congrats you guys. Welcome the sleepless nights, or do what I did and get a job where they put you on nights for the first couple of yrs. haha...don't tell Holly that.

Bob

Eric Petersen said...

Thank you for the pictures. You all look wonderful. We wish we were there but hopefully we will get to see you soon. Baby Jack look like a Burrough. Jared's nose is definitely present. He is beautiful and so is Jenny. We love you all.

Eric and Hannah

julieannepapa said...

Congrats you guys. He is a cute little baby boy. We are excited for you to have one of each now!

Karin said...

Congratulations! He is a darling baby and I'm glad everything went well. Have a wonderful "babymoon" together, getting to know each other and the new family. (Two is definitely different than one child. :-) )

Gina said...

Hooray. I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see the little guy. He's adorable.

Lucy said...

Congratulations! I'm glad all is well with both mother and baby.

The Hill's said...

CONGRATS GUYS! GLAD TO HEAR ALL WENT WELL! CANT WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE GUY!

JENNY - YOU WILL BE AT PLAY GROUP ON WED. RIGHT? J/K LET US KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP!

Shauna said...

Hooray! I'm glad everything went well. Such a cute little family.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jenny! We wish we could be there, too.

Mrs.EBG said...

He is sooo cute! Congrats guys!