Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's TIME!!!

The big day is here. I'm going to the hospital tonight to be induced. The hospital is supposed to call me when they're ready, they'll start the business tonight (don't want to get too in depth) and labor could start tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how my body responds to the different treatments they'll try. We'll try and keep everybody updated and will post pictures ASAP. I'm feeling a bit nervous, I was induced with Lily, too, but who knows what could end up happening, there's just so much that could happen. In case you didn't already know this, I'm being induced early because Lily was a big baby and the chances are that this one would be even bigger, the dr. said at my last appointment that he's expecting at least 8 1/2 lbs still.

I'm still feeling relatively good. Not that this is easy, every muscle and bone is aching, I pee a thousand times a day, all that kind of stuff, but in general, I'm still feeling OK and able to function. My mom flew in on Tuesday night to help out for a couple of weeks. It's great to have her here early so we can have a few days of fun, and lots of sleeping. Big news, Lily has slept in her big girl bed for about a week or so. It's been rough, it takes forever to get her to actually stay in bed and go to sleep, and then she wakes up anywhere in the middle of the night, like 3 am or so, and comes and wakes me up and then we have to go through the drama again to get her back to sleep. She won't go back to her crib, but won't stay in her new bed. It's been rough and we've all been very tired. (Right is a picture of her sleeping while she was standing up, she's too stubborn to get into bed, so she just flopped over and fell asleep like that.) So far it's been awesome to have my mom here, I took a three hour nap yesterday and slept in an extra couple hours today. Lily loves it and they've been playing and having fun the whole time she's been here, it's like a vacation for me, just being able to sit and watch an entire Oprah uninterupted.

Yesterday we went to the zoo. Also we invited my new friends and play group pals, Jill and Megan and they're super cute kids to come with us. They both have little girls a little older than Lily, and babies. It was so fun and the girls loved it. I love little girls. We had lots of fun looking at animals, than had a leisurely lunch and rode the carousel, Lily's favorite.
Today we went to IKEA, which is a fun outing for me, and we got some presents for Lily's birthday which is coming up, including a cool art easel. I have a lot of errands to run today, which is why I'm so glad to be induced, I'm able to get everything done and prepared for me to be out of commission for awhile. I'm so controlling and organized, it's really nice for me to be able to plan and prepare like this.

Jared and I will try and keep everyone as informed as possible, and expect to see another post tomorrow evening with pictures and info on the big day.

5 comments:

The Hill's said...

Hi Jenny! We had a blast at the Zoo yesterday! Thanks for inviting us! Taylor told Jordan all about how much fun she had there when he got home from work. Thanks a bunch! You guys are awesome!

Good luck tonight! We will be thinking of you guys! Can't wait to meet the little one! Let us know what we can do to help!

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

We are so excited for you guys!! We will be thinking about you and hope that everything goes smoothly.

Jen said...

AHHHH!!!! The suspense is killing me! I can't wait to see pictures! (I know, I know.. you're waiting for the Bahamas pictures, Jared, but your little guy's first pictures are going to be way more exciting!)

We love you guys!

Lucy said...

Good luck. I was induced with Richard, and I understand the nervousness and uncertainty of how things will go. I hope everything turns out well for both of you!

julieannepapa said...

I am so excited for you guys. I hope all goes well!