Saturday, February 23, 2008

Construction progress of Super Target behind us

So construction has been non stop behind us for 6 months now I think, maybe less. I took a picture when the first tilt up panel went up, and a month later it looks like this. The roofs are in and they are starting on installing the anchors in the walls of which the styrofoam will be hung for stucco. Last I heard Super Target was still to open in May or June. Better get going on the parking lot. There will also be a Linen's and Things, Kohls, World Market, Home depot, a few stand alone restaurants, more small businesses in the strip, a full service carwash. This is all in the shopping center for 1/3 mile. We really will only see the roof of Target. On a job note. Monday morning I have a job interview with the company I was really holding off for. Copper State Bolt and Nut. They sell..well, bolts and nuts. As well as many other construction materials and tools and some services. They are a big chain out here and a few stores in CO, NM and NV. Eventually even in Utah from what I have been told. Sweet. I am applying for a outside sales position. I had already scheduled a interview with another company on Monday at 11:30am and orientation for a job recruitment help service that Contech provided. How nice would it be to blow them both off. I would love to start right away, not have to touch any of the govt assistance we have been applying for, and be able to get grass and gravel in my backyard. I hope and pray they like me and I get the job there. Tools...check, hardware items...check, terminology....check, actually know what I am talking about in construction....check, talking to good ol boy construction guys....check, product sales experience....check, driving around all day and not in a office...double check. I am very excited for this. Oh, and our cat Ruby slept like this for 30 minutes in the warm 74 degree sun.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ruby looks like she feel off the roof and went spat or something! I love cats.

Good luck with your interview! It sounds like a perfect fit!

Anonymous said...

What's up with your backyard? Last I heard the HOA wanted something done STAT. Any plans?
By the way, Congrats on getting the job, Jared.
Give Lily and Jack kisses from Aunt Meddy and Uncle Peej.