The weather is killing me lately and I have been missing my bike. For those of you who dont know, right after

we moved to Phoenix I sold the Ducati. It was to hot during the day (and night) and I didnt have any riding buddies. It is no fun riding alone and your eyes dont like

going 60+mph when it's 110 during the summer. I bought it new in 2000 and had it for 7 years, and we had been through it all together, the late night rides with JR (and Adam before he wussed out), JR's ladies, the drag races on Wheelie Lane, being the Wheelie Monster in California, the summer nights when it started to cool off and get chilly over river bridges, setting off car alarms in parking lots, pushing it a block from the house so I didnt wake up Jenny or th

e immediate neighbors, tearing the engine apart to fix Ducati issues multiple times, going 120mph from Provo to Deer Creek lake...I could go on and on. It has been in the mid 70's all week, finally warming up from the frigid 62's. This is prime bike riding time and I know it is about to get hot. Do I regret selling it? Not at all. It needed carb adjustm

ent and I was tired of always adjusting the chain. One thing that rubs it all in, is a guy right down the street from me has one, stock pipes etc and it is SO quite. So sold it and I bought a 50" Samsung Plasma as well as all the new in-wall speakers and sub for the new house. I appreciate that TV FAR more than the bike. I also have been missing the mountains of Utah, here are some other pictures of Moon Lake that are about 2 hours from our old house.
2 comments:
wussed out huh? I had that venerable Vmax from 1999-2005. It was a good run. I miss it, but not on days like today. It is cold and snowing here. Miss you guys too. Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!
How dare you forget about your buddy Bobby. For it was because of that Ducati and my Honda (later replaced by the SV) that we discovered we were brothers from another mother. I'm going to go to the gym now and cry. Better list my name in there or I'm flying out to kick your butt!
Post a Comment