Monday, March 3, 2008

First week - Two Kids

Sorry I've taken so long to post, but I've been busy, sorry (PS, this is Jenny). Everything is going really good, little Jack is doing well. He eats about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. He's a good eater and a good burper. He makes really funny faces and I love to stare at him all day, especially when he just wakes up and stretches out. He has little sticks for arms and legs. He looks like Lily in a lot of ways, but he definitely has my hands and feet. Lily has always had Jared's short square feet and toes, and he's got very long hands and feet, and my signature longer second toe. He eats a lot and has big, healthy diapers. I've been peed on a jillion times already and projectile pooped on once.

Nights are not going great, partly because the person in the house that is having the roughest time so far is Lily. Last night is pretty typical so far: Started getting ready for bed about 9, in bed about 10:30, woke up at 1 to feed and change Jack. There was a poop incident and ended up changing all his clothes and 2 diapers. Right when he was getting back to sleep, Lily walked in. After getting both of them to sleep again, it was 2:30. Woke up again at 5, fed & changed Jack, back to sleep at 5:45 right when Jared was getting up to go to work (yay for work!). Lily was up at 7 and not very happy. Got up, fed both kids, and finally ate myself about 8:30. Luckily my mom is still here (will be until tomorrow afternoon) and she was able to help me take a big, fat almost 3 hour nap. This is going to be rough when she's gone.



Lily is having a somewhat difficult time. We were going to have a birthday party for her on Saturday, but Friday she got really sick and puked a couple times. She's nice to the baby, and helps by piling blankets and stuff on him, but overall is still pretty aloof. She does her own thing most of the time, but seems a little extra needy since the baby came. She tries to climb on me while I'm feeding him, and has been getting up at least once a night. I don't know what's going on or what to do, I try and give her one on one time and extra love, but I think it's just a matter of waiting it out.

Not much else to say, I've just been sitting around changing diapers, feeding kids, not sleeping, sleeping, all that really exciting stuff. We're very happy about Jared's new job. He's going to be gone more now, which is normal and expected, but we'll miss having him here all the time. He's a great dad and has really been doing everything for the last month or so. He's a champ.


I hope everyone else is doing good. Sorry if I haven't called you and you want me to, but I haven't called anyone or made any kind of contact with the outside world. If you want to talk to me, you better take charge and call me first.

6 comments:

Jill said...

The nights do get better, and hopefully Lily will learn to sleep through it, so that you can just deal with the one child at a time. Remember when we used to think that having one was hard?

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Glad to hear lil Jack is doing good. And yeah for Jared, his new job sounds really awesome. The no sleep thing is hard but it only last such a short time, hang in there.

Lacey.costner said...

what cute pics!!! Aren't moms great?? I wish my mom was a live in nanny!!! lol

Sunny said...

You have absolutely beautiful kids, Jenny. I love you and I'm very proud of you.

Shauna said...

Wait... you ATE yourself? (Like Pizza the Hut???)

julieannepapa said...

What cute kids!! I love the pics. What you said about Lily wanting lots of attention and climbing on you when you are feeding the baby is exactly what Kylie did when Gavin was born. Even though you give them one on one time, it usually isnt' good enough. When the baby is getting the attention, the 2 year old wants it too. It'll pass, but in the meantime, you'll learn to feed with one arm and hold Lily on the couch with your other arm. You will become very creative and crafty:-)Good luck and I hope you get more sleep soon. We miss you!