Friday, March 14, 2008

2 cute kids

Things are going good. Lily turned 2 on the 7th, we still haven't had a birthday party for her yet. We had it planned before my mom left, but Lily got the flu. Then I tried to reschedule it again but it didn't work out, I think we might just go see a movie and take her to McDonald's for lunch or something. Luckily she doesn't care at all.

(Picture at the left is the kids in the crib, Lily is doing this crazy face all the time when we take pictures because Jared told her to show her teeth. She's kind of a psychopath)

She definitely has been acting like a 2 year old. Every night and nap time is a huge struggle, and when I'm so tired and trying to deal with Jack, I've been losing my patience with her a lot and I feel really bad. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm smacking her around or anything, just not being really nice to her when she's laughing at me after getting out of bed for the 30th time.
Jack is doing really good, he's a good baby. He still is sleeping a lot, except when Lily finally is asleep and I'm dying to take a nap, then he wakes up. He's as cute as can be though. His little stick legs and arms seem to be fattening up a bit. He makes noise constantly. Every breath he'll sigh while he sleeps for an hour straight, it's hilarious.

Jared's job is going well, too. He's still training and has been going in at 5:30, so he gets up at 4:45. It's weird because I'm up already every morning when he wakes up. Jack is pretty consistent. Because we're both so tired all the time, we go to bed about 9:30. With Lily being so difficult, she ends up falling asleep about 9:00, so we have almost no relax time at night and it's been annoying. This is only temporary, though, so I'm not too stressed about it.

I'm more and more amazed at how much Lily and Jack look alike, which is good, because Lily turned out pretty cute. Here are some pictures of baby Lily and baby Jack so that you can compare. Same nose (Jared's, obviously), same crazy black hairline and huge forehead, same lips. Lily had more eyebrows and was never as small as Jack.
Jack's on the left, Lily's right.





2 comments:

Sara said...

So cute, we can't wait to meet the little Jack!

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Wow they do look a like. I love the pic of lily in the tank, her legs are so cute, love the boots. Jack looks so peaceful and chill...yeah!!