Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter festivities

(Jenny here:) Last week I was a little bummed because Easter, my favorite holiday, was on it's way and we had nothing to do and no one to celebrate it with. Then my old pally (yes, paly), Gina, told me about a fun Easter egg hunt and celebration at her community where she lives and also invited us to have a Easter dinner at their house.


The Easter egg hunt was on Saturday, and Lily woke up at 5:30 and cried all morning because she wasn't feeling well. "Tummy...Hurt" she said. I thought she was just saying it to get sympathy, which I'm pretty sure has happened before. So when the time came to go, I made her "cowboy up", put her pretty pink dress on and tough it out. I'm glad I did, though, because she got a nap on the way there and cheered up when she saw Anna and Dane, Gina's kids, and it was the coolest thing EVER! The weather was perfect and it was so pretty and springy. The area is really nice, Jared wanted me to put up a picture of the local supermarket to prove it.
There was a little Easter Egg hunt for kids 1-3, which was really just parents running around yelling at their kids to hurry and pick up as many eggs as they could in 30 seconds. There was a big Easter bunny that the kids could sit on and get pictures, and then the kids could make their own picture frame for it. There was cookie decorating and some cool bunny and chick temporary tattoos, Lily's favorite thing.

The best part was the petting zoo, which was the best petting zoo EVER, because it had baby animals!!! There were 2 baby cows, that you could feed them a big bottle of milk. The kept creeping up behind me and wiping their snotty noses on my arm. There were sheep, goats, baby goats, piglets, ducks, roosters, chickens, bunnys, and my favorite, little tiny baby chicks! All the animals were just thrown into a little pen and they all just wandered around while kids chased them. Lily loved it. As you can see by the picture to the right, I'm the one that's most excited. She got to hold the baby goats and the chicks and bunny's. She loved the chicks most of all, she's always loved birds a lot, just like her "Papa" (my dad).
Also last week, Jared finally finished his sprinklers, Yaaaay! He did an excellent, professional job. We also had the concrete curbing guy come. Here is the latest picture. Sod is coming on Saturday.

Jack had his 1 month appointment today. He's doing very well, he's 10 lbs, now, he's gained over 3 pounds, Woo hoo! The doctor was trying to listen to his heart (still no sign of a murmur, just FYI) and couldn't hear it, because Jack was sighing so loud while he sucked on the Dr's thumb. He said, "He's a loud kid", I laughed, because he is seriously so loud!!! He doesn't cry much, but he just is sighing or making cute squeaks all the time. I'll try and get video some time. Gina gave us her old baby swing, which isn't old at all, it's very nice, and he really likes it so far. He's such a good baby. It's so amazing to me how different he is from Lily, because Lily had colic and cried 3-5 hours every evening. The whole experience is different. I'm honestly having a much easier time with 2 kids, than I did the first couple months of just having Lily. I know, there are no pictures of Jack on this post. I meant to take a whole bunch of them at Easter because I put him in a fancy little easter outfit, but he was always sleeping so I didn't take any. I plan on getting lots of them this week and I'll put them up on the next post.
We should be buying a new Jeep Grand Cherokee this week, and we are also finally going to be celebrating Lily's 2nd birthday, so look forward to that in the next post.





4 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm jealous you've got your sprinklers in! We'll need to redo ours, and I wish Scott knew how to do it...
Also, it's amazing how much different babies are and how their dispositions can make things easier or harder. Glad to read things are getting better!

Sunny said...

Remember the Easter when Grampa Hardman made me wear the 6' Easter Bunny suit when I was only 10 years old and about 4'10"? We had to go to Provost park to pass out smashed home-made doughnuts and I made EVERY SINGLE kid cry. I think a few of the parents called the police as well. Easter is not my favorite.

John and Liz said...

Lily is adorable. So glad all is working out for you in sunny Arizona. I know you're missed in Utah. Your little family is darling. Mama Forsloff

Anonymous said...

Well, I needed this today. I was bummed out, and your blog made me laugh, and the pics made me cry, and Sunny's comments made me laugh again. Grandpa. Are your children going to tell stories like that about me?
20 years from now: Lily to Jack--
"Remember that time when Grandma McCoard made us do that bizarre thing?" And then they'll laugh and laugh. And I won't mind a bit, because I'll be dead. But you'll be sad because then you will know that THEIR children will be laughing at you!--mel