TAG-Little things about me
10 Years Ago: I was just about done with my Junior year of high school and full of teenage angst. I was hanging out with my "artsy" friends at the time, none of whom I'm in any kind of contact with anymore. I was awkward, driving around in my VW Fox thinking I was too cool for school (come on, I kind of was). Hey, I guess this was about the time that I was preparing for Prom. I didn't get asked so my friend Russ, who was a senior, took me. A day or two before the prom I finally did get asked by the guy I kind of wanted to ask me, but by then it was too late. Prom was lame and I felt like a dork the whole time. At the end of the date, we went bowling, yes, bowling in my prom dress, and at the very end of it I bowled a Turkey (3 strikes in a row). I wanted to go for a 4th even though I'd changed back into my heels. I had pushed my luck, because I slipped on the oil and fell flat on my face in the lane and got all oily. It had to have been pretty funny. Wow, I really was a huge nerd.
Things on my TO DO List: Seriously, I'm not going to make anyone read my actual to do list. I have a book that I write all my various lists in and the to do list is constantly being added to, I refer to it often throughout a day. One of the things that is always on my list is to follow up on a rebate. This is kind of funny, but a long time ago, probably at least 2 years ago, Jared and I bought the Motorola Razr cell phones when they first came out. At the time, they were $250 each. I bought them online and the deal was that we'd get all of our money back, but through rebates. One rebate has never been returned, and it's for $125. The company went out of business, but I refuse to give up. Every time I call, which is every couple months, they always tell me it's in the mail. I can't take this off my list, because to do so would mean that "they" have won, and I can't let that happen. I'm not going to let "the man" take my money. Other things on my list are cleaning, taking care of insurance issues, sending pictures to Jared's Granny, and various crafts and projects.
Things I Would Do If I Was A Billionaire: This question is difficult, because there are SO Many things. Jared would retire, of course, and we would buy a comfortable house in Utah. Not huge, no more than 3000 square feet for sure. Just enough to be comfortable and have visitors (Gina, I would pay for you to come visit me in Utah). I would buy lots of toys so that we can have lots of fun with family and friends. Jared will be mad if I don't write that I'll buy him a sail boat, so I'll buy him his Whatever size-catamaran. I would spend most of my time and money traveling. I think that huge amounts of money would be a burden and I would genuinely try to live conservatively and share the wealth. I would probably have an amazing amount of sweaters and flip flops.
5 Jobs I've Had: Holy cow, just 5? I think I've had at least 20.
-First real job was working at a concession stand at baseball parks.
-I was a receptionist at a multi-level marketing company for mostly Chinese people.
-Cashier at Staples (most hated job).
-I worked on a whale/wildlife-watching tour boat in Alaska (that was the funnest and I'm an awesome spotter of whales AND bears).
-My last job was at Novell (software company) in customer/sales support type of job.
6 Things People Don't Know:
-I had a dirt selling business when I was 12. I bought topsoil and sold it to people in the neighborhood for twice the price. Thanks mom and dad.
-I've been to probably at least 50 concerts, all kinds of music. (Dave Matthews band, Eric Clapton, Earth Wind and Fire, Primus, Jethro Tull, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink 182 before they were cool.)
-I used to drive this old Jeep CJ-7 and I loved it even though it was a piece of poo.
-I'm really good at diagnosing problems with cars, even though Jared won't admit it. I'm always right when there is a problem.
-I'm really embarrassed about this, because I consider myself at least competent with a computer, but I've never downloaded a song online!!! I have no idea how to use iTunes or our iPod (which is literally dusty). This has been on my mind a lot, because I saw on the news that the average person that purchased an actual CD last year was average age over 36! I'm pathetic. Also, I've never even been on myspace. The only thing that makes me feel better about this is that I know some people who read this won't even know what I'm talking about, Again, thanks mom.
-I can probably tell you where, when, and how much I paid for EVERYTHING in my house, from furniture, to dish towels, to laundry detergent.
OK, that's it. So, now I am tagging Jared (so you can all read about Jared's, too) Liz, Jen, Julieanne, and Gina. You don't have to do it if you don't want, it won't offend me.
1 comment:
Jack. Where's Jack? Baby? You gave birth to him a month ago? I need video!!! Or at least photos. Jeez! You're welcome for the dirt. That was a good idea. People appreciated that dirt. And you made some money! So what if you had to walk all over the neighborhood with a wheelbarrow? No one ever died of embarrassment. --mom
Post a Comment