It might have been so great because the kids are getting older and Lily got really into the Santa thing this year. She's been singing Rudolph for months. We put a letter with her drawings and writing in the mailbox and the mailman actually took it! I was a little bummed because I wanted to keep it, but a few days later she got a letter back from Santa and it even had her name on it and a picture of Rudolph, it was great and she was thrilled. We gave a big thanks to the mailman.
Christmas Eve we had a
tasty dinner with Grandma, Papa, Sunny and her hubby, John. We were out really late visiting friends who were in from out of town and when we got home we hurried and put out the stockings and the kids opened their Christmas Jammies. We told Lily that Santa couldn't come until she was asleep and she freaked out and literally ran into her room and climbed under her covers. A few minutes later she came out and practically yelled at us to hurry and get in bed. This happened a couple times until she was about ready to cry. Finally we had to pretend that we were in bed, put pillows under the covers, turn out the lights and then sneak out of our room. A few minutes later, Jared dropped some presents and made a ruckus and I went to go reassure Lily and tell her it was the cats. She was hiding under the blankets, tucked into a ball with her eyes squeezed shut, and even when I tried to pull her over she wouldn't budge. She thought I was Santa and was trying to pretend she was asleep! It was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing.
tasty dinner with Grandma, Papa, Sunny and her hubby, John. We were out really late visiting friends who were in from out of town and when we got home we hurried and put out the stockings and the kids opened their Christmas Jammies. We told Lily that Santa couldn't come until she was asleep and she freaked out and literally ran into her room and climbed under her covers. A few minutes later she came out and practically yelled at us to hurry and get in bed. This happened a couple times until she was about ready to cry. Finally we had to pretend that we were in bed, put pillows under the covers, turn out the lights and then sneak out of our room. A few minutes later, Jared dropped some presents and made a ruckus and I went to go reassure Lily and tell her it was the cats. She was hiding under the blankets, tucked into a ball with her eyes squeezed shut, and even when I tried to pull her over she wouldn't budge. She thought I was Santa and was trying to pretend she was asleep! It was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing. When morning finally came Lily and Jack slept in later than
usual and Jared and I were too excited to sleep so we got up around 8. Jared killed some zombies on Xbox while I made a delicious breakfast, the kids love bacon (only on special occasions) and Lily pretended it was a moustache. Finally Jack woke up and we had to wake up Lily because we couldn't wait any longer.
usual and Jared and I were too excited to sleep so we got up around 8. Jared killed some zombies on Xbox while I made a delicious breakfast, the kids love bacon (only on special occasions) and Lily pretended it was a moustache. Finally Jack woke up and we had to wake up Lily because we couldn't wait any longer.Another reason why this was a fun Christmas is that we started shopping early, in N
ovember, so that by the time we got to Christmas we'd gone way overboard and gotten way too much stuff. We forgot to take pictures while opening presents, but some of the highlights were Lily's stuffed Tiger (which is what she'd asked Santa for) which meows and purrs and growls in reaction to petting and scratching, etc. She also got a remote control car, clothes, dinosaurs, and a magic tiger that you hide and find with a magic wand. Jack got a big train set and a squishy elephant. Jared had purchased his own Christmas presents a few weeks earlier, some new power tools and a sailboat (he'll be putting up a post about that soon) so Christmas morning he just got a couple funny shirts (ya, 31 is not too old for those) and a OU hitch cover since he is obligated to represent Oklahoma at all times. Jared went the most overboard and actually made me mad, a little. He bought me a whole new set of dishes which I love, a beginner sewing machinge, a chair that I wanted for Lily's room so
we can read books easier, and worst of all, an iPhone. I hate iPhones and all things that make my life easier and funner and are super awesome. We've been discussing getting one for a long time, mostly him telling me how cool they are and me telling him that I don't have time, and they're expensive, and distracting, and nerdy, etc. Seriously though, he did a great job. Also for the whole family we got Hungry, Hungry Hippos (classic) and a marshmallow shooter-gun (I shot Jack square in the eye).
ovember, so that by the time we got to Christmas we'd gone way overboard and gotten way too much stuff. We forgot to take pictures while opening presents, but some of the highlights were Lily's stuffed Tiger (which is what she'd asked Santa for) which meows and purrs and growls in reaction to petting and scratching, etc. She also got a remote control car, clothes, dinosaurs, and a magic tiger that you hide and find with a magic wand. Jack got a big train set and a squishy elephant. Jared had purchased his own Christmas presents a few weeks earlier, some new power tools and a sailboat (he'll be putting up a post about that soon) so Christmas morning he just got a couple funny shirts (ya, 31 is not too old for those) and a OU hitch cover since he is obligated to represent Oklahoma at all times. Jared went the most overboard and actually made me mad, a little. He bought me a whole new set of dishes which I love, a beginner sewing machinge, a chair that I wanted for Lily's room so
we can read books easier, and worst of all, an iPhone. I hate iPhones and all things that make my life easier and funner and are super awesome. We've been discussing getting one for a long time, mostly him telling me how cool they are and me telling him that I don't have time, and they're expensive, and distracting, and nerdy, etc. Seriously though, he did a great job. Also for the whole family we got Hungry, Hungry Hippos (classic) and a marshmallow shooter-gun (I shot Jack square in the eye).We had a really relaxing day and had a fun time just laying around and when it came time for dinner we decided to go to a Chinese restaurant. It was empty except the one waitress and it was a fun time.
We had an amazing Christmas and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope everyone else's was great, too.
5 comments:
i missed you jen. so glad you had a wonderful time. the kids look great.
Han
Woot-woot! I remember Anna mailing her letter to Santa. She was so excited to get a letter from the North Pole. My favorite part of the story is Jared dropping the presents. I laughed so hard.
Miss you guys.
well imagine being super quiet and stealthy, even the crinkle of the paper was loud and then I drop something heavy on top of the washing machine in the hall. I just froze and tried to suck in my stomach as if trying to hide!
I'm so sad that we weren't able to make it there for Christmas, we would've loved being there for the fun. I'm glad that you are officially the coolest now, what with your iPhone and such.
Did you guys sing "Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra?"
Post a Comment