Sunday, December 27, 2009

December Fun

We've had a great and eventful December. (This is a snowman made of sticky rice lovingly created by Jare-bear).
Lily had her very first dentist appointment. It did not go as planned and we discovered that she had 6 cavities. I don't know what happened, because I promise we brush her teeth religiously and she's never slept with a cup or bottle of juice. The dentist recommended General Anesthesia so that we could get it over with and avoid trauma, but I was really nervous. It ended up going really well and the doctors and nurses loved Lily and said that she was amazingly brave and cute. She's now got two shiny "princess crowns" (which needed a baby root canal) and 4 white fillings. Lily also had her very first Christmas program at her school. She's been practicing her songs and poems for weeks. She did an amazing job and I think Jared and I were more excited that she was. When the time finally came she wore a dress and long Christmas socks. The socks slid down and she sat immodestly and showed her cat undies through the whole program. She did a great job.
She also got to participate in a little nativity as an angel and was just beautiful, or "pretty-ful" as she says. She's been learning from her mom how to make up dumb words and nicknames. She calls the cat, Jamal, "Jim-san" like Daniel-san, but I have no idea where she came up with it.
Grandma had a tea party only for little girls, Lily pointed out several times that there are no brothers or moms allowed. Also on the Grandma front, both of ours were in the hospital at the same time the week before Christmas. Jared's mom for blood clots in her lungs (she's recovering well) and Jenny's for knee replacement surgery (also recovering well).
Another funny thing she said was when she was mad at me for something and said "I'm not talking to you" and walked off. Also she was singing "I am a Child of God" quietly to herself, and after the line "Teach me all that I must do..." she added while singing "I don't know what I'm doing".
Jack is doing great and even made himself a little bed under the Christmas tree today. He watched TV while hanging upside down in his chair. He still hates nursery at church. He and Lily like to do "floor dances" when I turn on music, they just lay down and wiggle around.
We went to see Santa at the mall, Jack didn't love it, but didn't cry at least.
There was a little train ride at the mall too, Jack didn't love it either (though he does love trains in general) and I had to ride, too.

Check back soon for our Christmas post!

5 comments:

Holly Martin said...

Alyssa went to the dentist this year and I was scared cause she skips brushing her teeth sometes but we lucked out. She eats tons of sweets but no cavities. I wish i could see your kids floor dance. They sound so happy and cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I would be so sad without it because how would I kep up with my western family? I miss you all so much!

Jen said...

Very nice sticky rice sculpture! Very nice, indeed.

Greg Barnes said...

I am officially validating all of your hard work Jenny. Your blog is great and I know that my wife checks it every time there is a new post.

Meredith and PJ said...

1) PJ was proud of the sticky rice sculpture.
2) Jared used to sleep under the Christmas tree when he was a toddler. Must be genetic.
3) Lily's lyrics are what we refer to as "Beans believin'" because Betty would sing the lyrics to the song "Fame" as "What a feelin', beans believin'."
4) Lily's white dress, Christmas socks, and cat undies are AWESOME.
5) You are pretty much the queen of blog-dom. I can't stop laughing, Jenny Joy!