Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Winter is here!

It's December, freezing cold and we're so happy about it! It snowed about 6 inches and we were out playing in it every day for about 4 days in a row until it rained and turned everything to ice. Jack was nervous at first but loves it now. Here is a picture of him with his wicked stink-eye that I referred to in the last post. We're very excited for Christmas. We've been singing all the songs, stringing popcorn for our tree, looking at lights, went to a Christmas parade, all the stuff and having a lot of fun. One of our Christmas Card triesTrimming the tree
We wanted a very natural looking, skinny tree this year (favorite tree ever!) and it has a little hidey-hole in the back that Jack plays in all the time.
Lily was warming up early one morning by sitting on the heater vent by the tree with her nightgown like a warm tent over it. This was extra sweet because my sisters and I doing that is one of my favorite memories and she was wearing my old favorite nightgown that my mom had saved all these years.

6 comments:

Gina said...

That post made me feel all Christmas-y. I needed it. My kids have been wearing shorts and jumping on the trampoline all week. p.s- i recieved no xmas card, and am mad. steaming mad.

Staci said...

My sisters and I used to that exact same thing with the heater vents. So cute. Yes, we are still in Santaquin. We do need to get together, our kids would have so much fun.

Sunny said...

The fact that our family had THREE lazy girls, and a living room with only TWO heater vents made for extra motivation to be the first (or at least second) up for scripture study. I made a heater tent the other day and thought of you and Hannah.

Greg Barnes said...

Another great post!!! Keep them coming!

Shana said...

I love all the pictures!! your kidos are too cute!

Meredith and PJ said...

PJ downloaded the "stink eye" pic to our GPS. If there is any quarreling in the car, he puts it to that pic. It puts us all in a better mood when Lego Jack Stone gives us the "stink eye."