Oh, I missed you ever so much, Bloggy. (Sorry you have had to look at Jared's last post about the economy for the last 2
weeks. PS, I did not get "all heated up" about it.)
Our Thanksgiving trip to Utah turned out great. We drove, which was about 12 hours, thank goodness for the gas prices, eh? On the drive there we stopped in Las Vegas and went to The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. It was really fun and Lily loved it, and it was great to break up the drive. I'll tell you what though, I can't stand Las Vegas, as soon as I get there I can't wait to get out. I hate just about everything about it, there's some really, really cool stuff, but it all gets ruined by the scum and stench of everything else. We drove down the strip after it had gotten dark and Lily was mesmerized, I'm so glad we didn't have to get out of the car, though.
While we were in Utah, we did a lot of fun
stuff. We went out for our Anniversary dinner (yes, our anniversary was in September, we waited a long, long time.) We played Disc golf which I loved. I got my hair did. We went to see a movie (Australia- it was barf-tastic!). We ate lots and lots and lots. I took naps, which were much needed, because Jack getting up 4-5 times a night (new toothy). We watched the Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State football game, which was excellent. We fed ducks. Lily kept very, very busy with many walks, playing, and many cool projects with Papa and Grandma. She made cool lady bug magnets and a fancy sculpture out of plaster with Papa, she made peanut butter and pinecone bird balls with Grandma, she painted and used real scissors, it was great.
We did a lot of sitting around and talking and had tons and tons of fun and it was e
xactly what I wanted to do. It was a perfect vacation, and even though we were all excited to go home to our own house, we didn't want to leave.
Lily, the day after we got home and we were still recuperating, said "I want to go back to Gramma and Papa's house." I said "you want to drive all the way back for a long, long time?" and she thought for a minute and said "Ya. I want to go back to Gramma and Papa's house."
This is a Lily Ace Bandage Mummy. Classic Melanie.
Jack in his Turkey Hat and Grandma.
Sunny making a psycho face while throwing the disc during disc golf. Ya, she's really into it.
Our friends Adam and Liz's kids, Mason and Haley, and Lily and Jack all got along great. Lily and Mason are BFF's and held hands and hugged the whole time, it was adorable. Jack pretty much just watched Haley crawl laps around him.
Watching movies at Adam and Liz's.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I just wanted to tell you your hair is DARLING! I love the color and cut.
FYI - it's OK to post photos of John and Journee.
There are soooooo many hilarious things in this blog I can't decide which I like most. Psycho Sunny, Baby Jar, or Ace Bandage Mummy Lily. Awesome.
Post a Comment