I'm not a fan of resolutions or goals. I avoid them completely. Too much disappointment when I don't do it, and if I do, then it's a nice surprise. Jared and I have been working on a "general plan" to get healthier. I've been working out somewhat casually since last year, since we were still in Arizona, and I've so far lost around 40 lbs. I feel great and have so much more energy. After Christmas (around New Years, but it's still NOT a resolution) Jared decided to get on board, too. He's been working out twice a day and lost 8 lbs in one week! To add extra motivation, we've booked a trip to Hawaii for the end of May with our friends, the Papa's (they're disgustingly fit)(here's their blog: http://www.julieannepapa.blogspot.com/) It's our first real vacation and we're super excited. We now have a specific date too, but it's still not a goal.
I'm normally too embarrassed to share my non-goals, since it makes it even worse when I don't complete them, but this time I thought I'd share it so that we have even more motivation and also because I'm very proud of Jared and myself.
Other than that, there's not much going on, we're right in the middle of a bad case of the January-blah's. We haven't been up to anything super fun, but here are some pictures of when we went to feed the ducks.

3 comments:
YAY Burroughs! I so proud of you's. Although I'm proud of your non-goals, I'm super jealous that you're going on a vacation without me. :( Still love ya.
Way to go you guys...
I just caught up on all your postings and love them all. We miss you guys so much and are so so so excited for our fun trip!
Post a Comment