(In Arizona with our sunflowers after playing in the sprinkler)
Things are going well here. We are in a nice apartment but with not enough stuff to fill it. So we have blank walls, blank tables, a plastic container for a side table, it's pretty awesome. It's in a very nice area even though I've only seen a little of it. We're in Anaheim Hills, in case you're wondering.
Lily and Jack were watching Sesame Street and Lily decided that she was going to make a letter Q all by herself. It was a surprise because we haven't been working on letters. We'll start now, but I'm excited for her to go to preschool. She gets embarrassed by stuff she does, though. She will draw just scribbles, and show me them, but the first time she drew a really good face and an elephant head and she hid them and was embarrassed when I asked her about them. Same with new words she learns, or making letters, she does it when I'm not around and doesn't act proud at all. Wacky. Any suggestions on what to do? I give her lots of praise.... hmmm.....

Things are going well here. We are in a nice apartment but with not enough stuff to fill it. So we have blank walls, blank tables, a plastic container for a side table, it's pretty awesome. It's in a very nice area even though I've only seen a little of it. We're in Anaheim Hills, in case you're wondering. (In Utah with my mom and sisters before we got to CA.)

The kids are having a good time with all the new things and new places. We've spent a lot of time with friends and Jared is doing well with his work. As for me, I'm still recovering from a hectic week of packing and driving to Utah and now I'm looking for all the new places and things to do. I've been particularly focused on finding a grocery store with a good produce department. I just found one, it's an international market, so I can get some Chicken Vindaloo at the same time, wahoo!
(In the car with the cats driving to Utah, it was rough. Jamal freaked out.)
Lily is having a lot of fun with her friends. I signed her up for an art class which she's taking with her little friend Mason, and there is a cooking class and tumbling class coming up. We're swimming at the swimming pool whenever it's not too cold and she's riding her trike a lot.
Lily and Jack were watching Sesame Street and Lily decided that she was going to make a letter Q all by herself. It was a surprise because we haven't been working on letters. We'll start now, but I'm excited for her to go to preschool. She gets embarrassed by stuff she does, though. She will draw just scribbles, and show me them, but the first time she drew a really good face and an elephant head and she hid them and was embarrassed when I asked her about them. Same with new words she learns, or making letters, she does it when I'm not around and doesn't act proud at all. Wacky. Any suggestions on what to do? I give her lots of praise.... hmmm.....

Jack is growing a lot. He's getting very big and is learning new words, which is one reason that I need to post this blog, because I don't record these things any other way and I won't remember it. Jack first said "Daddy", then "Lily", then "See?". Last night he said "Backpack, backpack" along with the song on Dora the Explorer. He has said "All Done" while doing the sign and just said "More" along with the sign yesterday. He is still not walking on his own, but I think it's just a motivation problem. He can walk pretty much on his own, but just won't let go of my finger. He's super-duper attached to me right now, and freaks out if I leave his sight at all. He was nervous today at the store when Jared was pushing him in the cart, not me. He kept watching me with this crazy look. He's also giving kisses and loves without any prompting. We love him so much.
So that's it. We're here.
(PS, After writing this, Jacky-boy walked today! We were at the park and he did it! Like 4 steps, woo hoooooo!)
Yes, indeed I miss you, G.
4 comments:
Jared did the same as Lily when he was that age. He'd practice words and drawing when THE SISTERS weren't around. I didn't blame him...they were pretty ferocious!
Dude Jenny! It is Amy Smart (Ward) You live super kind of close to me! If you get lonely give me a call! I still laugh over super funny stuff you said like 5 years ago :)
Glad to hear things are going good for you guys in California! Moving is never a fun thing. Cute pictures of your kids!
I miss you so dang bad. Makes me want to move back to Utah almost. That Jacky is growin up. Boo! Sunny looks gorgeous in the girly pic and your hair looks pretty. COME BACK TO MEEEEEE!
Post a Comment