Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sitting around in October

So this is part 2 of my two part Rocktober series, about 99.9% of our time, which is spent dinkin' around the house. I realize this is not super exciting stuff for most people to hear about, but it's stuff I can't stand to possibly let be forgotten, so this is at least for our posterity to read.
As noted in the last post, this is when Jack is happiest. He's growing so much and starting to show some real personality now. He's 8 months old. He rolls a lot, though. He travels some distance even. Once I said "Jack, where are you going, buddy?" and Lily said "He's rolling to the pet store." Also note that Lily asks to go to the pet store or zoo a minimum of 1,000,000 times per day. Petsmart just opened within walking distance, so it's a nice outing to walk to Target of Office Max and the pet store.
Jack officially hates vegetables except squash and sweet potatoes. He barfs when he eats carrots which makes some nasty stains (Lily won't touch them either, no matter what state they are in), and cries when there's even a tiny, almost undetectable bit of pea or beans in anything.
Jack officially loooooves baths. He gets excited as soon as we walk in to the bathroom. He'd spend forever in the bath if he could, he whimpers when it's time to get out. He had been trying to pull himself up and mostly just does face plants in the water, but still comes up smiling. Last night in the bath, while I was washing Lily, he managed to get right behind Lily and so gently stroked her hair and patted her back, it was sweet. In the picture to the right, Lily called him a "ceritops", meaning triceritops.
Jack has taken a liking to the cats, he smiles and laughs whenever they are around. Like always, Lily loves them, and despite the bad reputation toddlers get, Lily is very nice and gentle with them, mostly. They're both very patient and just lay like blobs whenever either kid is messing with them, they're good kitties.
Here is Jared and Lily at the table, Jared was working on his sunday school lesson and Lily read some books quietly, too.
So Lily is hilarious, everyday there are about 10 things that she says that I think are so funny that I want to remember them forever, so that's why I'm recording them here. She's developing a pretty good sense of humor, but also just the way she says things cracks me up. Instead of elbow, it's "el-bone", eyebrow is "eye-brown", after her bath her fingers were "tangley", instead of wrinkly, and my favorite, lemon is "diamond". Yep, she calls lemons "diamonds" and she always has since we showed her a lemon. What must she be thinking when we sing "Like a diamond in the sky", does she think there are lemons in the sky? I guess that's not that odd when you think about diamonds in the sky. We were at someones house, and there was chocolate or lemon cake, I asked her if she wanted Chocolate or yellow, she said "diamond". After Halloween she got a piece of "diamond candy". I've corrected her, but she still calls it that.
Another cute thing is that she calls me and Jared "guys". When we're in the car, she says, "Hey Guys, I see a tuft" (Tuft is Dove). She was in the bathroom by herself talking to some floaty fishy's and said "Hey guys, what you doing?"
We were watching the Today show, and the announcer said that some segment was "brought to you by Advil, the everyday pain reliever." Lily looked at me and started laughing. I asked her what was funny, and she said "Cat bell. That funny, cat bell. Cat ring bells. hahaha." I guess she heard Cat Bell instead of Advil.
The best of all is that now, without prompting, she suddenly will look and me and say "I like you, mom." It's funniest when she says it when I'm grumpy with her about something. Once when I was working on dinner and she was sitting at the table, she said "I love you mama, you soooooo cute." I about passed out it was so sweet.
This month Lily has learned to sing the alphabet song and other songs and pedal her trike. She's spent a lot of time painting and drawing, here is a sample of her art. She says that the orange one is a egg hatching, with a triangle, the blue one is a Ruby snowman.
For Halloween we made some little ghosties out of garbage bags and hung them in our pathetic little trees. We carved some pumpkins, and did lots of talking about how things were not really scary, just for pretend. While carving the pumpkins, Lily wouldn't touch the goo inside. She was eating a sucker, and somehow some pumpkin guts got on her sucker, she freaked out and yelled "Sucker have goo, mama!" Lily picked the patterns and I carved them.
I've been keeping busy with all that stuff and Young Women stuff. I've also spent a lot of time this month editing home videos during the kids naps. I'm almost caught up to 2008. Jared's been very busy with work during the week and football and grass on the weekends.
So that's about it. Coming up in November, a whole lot more of nothing, plus a trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. Also, it's my 28th birthday on the 13th. No big deal, I've accidentally been telling people I was 28 for the last year. That's it. I hope it wasn't too boring for anyone, if so, why did you just spend so much time reading it?
Here is a video of Jack laughing his guts out at the ball. The camera was freaking out because of the light, but it's still worth it, since this is the first time Jack laughed so hard. Maybe the Thanksgiving fairy will bring us a new camera.

6 comments:

:) said...

Your kids are so cute. But, my favorite thing that I have heard Lily say was something like this, "I farted." So funny and made my day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....when I read the part about things that Lily says I started laughing out loud...and I'm at the library. I'm sure people were looking at me weird. You're kids are so cute!!

Sunny said...

SO PRECIOUS! I know you worry that posts like this are boring, but we treasure them! It's the everyday things that we love to hear about. New - and amazing! - Jack head fuzz, and of course; Lily farts.

Anonymous said...

I sent you a private e-mail.--mel

The Hill Family said...

I didn't know that you had another kid. Congrats. They are both so cute and you look good yourself. So are you still in AZ? We are still in UT.
Check out my blog
coolhills.blogspot.com

I think that is what mine is.
miss you guys and hope all is well
Kristi

Gina said...

I'm gonna come steal them babies of yers in the middle of the night. I love em like they was mine.