Jared baked a cake "All by self" as Lily
would say. He got a recipe from a lady in the ward, tweaked it a little to make it his own, and it was delicious... and huge... it took us like 6 days to finish it but it was delightful the whole time. Next time we'll find someone to share it with. Jared also just signed up for facebook (nerd alert!) and has caught up with some old high school friends, including his pal Josh Rendon, and he's very giddy about that. For all the new people to the blog: Welcome.
Jenny has been doing stuff for the Young Women's group at church. Last week we learned how to conduct musi
c and then played some nerdy Melanie (my mom) games, it was fun. I made two different types of desserts, because if the girls are like me, they like anyone that will provide a treat. Something I have in common with Jamal and Ruby (our cats).
Li
ly has been keeping busy with puzzles, she loves them. We just got her a couple new ones, she's surprisingly skilled with them, she can even do her Dora and Diego puzzle "all by self", it's pretty impressive. She's become quite a fan of Dora and Diego, and has been primarily counting in espanol, it's hilarious, ("uno, dos, tres..."). Here she is eating a bowl of Dora spagettiO's, which is an occasional treat. Who can resist that plucky, little Latina? Not me.
We've also been going to the library, which is fun, and mostly finding ways to entertain ourselves around the house. Here she is with her little finger person, with a raspberry hat. She bites the raspberry off and then says really high pitched "OOOooooh, my hatty!" It cracked me up for a solid half hour.
This is Lily smelling a candle, and then getting a ring of soot on her face, that took up another half
hour of laughing in front of the mirror.
Jack Shmack is doing good, yesterday and today he went to sleep at 5:00 and slept all night, 13
hours! He had his first little cold this week, it was so sad. He was so snotty, his little eyes were watering, but he'd still give me a big, old grin after a big sneeze. I fed him peas for the first time, he wasn't a very big fan and made some sick faces while I was feeding him. Then, I think because his face itched because of the cold, he just kept rubbing his face. Soon he was smearing peas all over his whole face, rubbing his eyes, rubbing it in his hair, it was so funny. I think he really liked the way it felt, because he just kept doing it and hasn't done that before or since. Little Jackie is looking more like me every day. Jared's still got the eyes and the nose, but I
can see me coming through in those big ears (originally from Stoney, my dad) and the cheeky's. Jackelton is also getting ready for football season, woohoo!
One more story, this one is my favorite. So I have this really hideous drivers license picture. It came after a long, long time of waiting at the nasty, dirty DMV. I looked down at Lily who I was trying to hold still in between my legs while I took the picture. The picture guy took the picture as I was looking up, without saying anything. No "1-2-3", no "ready -go", no "OK - smile", I just heard a click and said "Did you take it?" and he just said "ya." without even looking at me. I was PO'd. I've had this picture for awhile, and it's a big joke, everyone who sees it laughs, really, really hard. Lily was looking in my purse the other day, pulled out my wallet, looked at the picture, and said "Scary Mama?" I looked at the picture and said "Yep, that's one scary mama."
Consider yourself lucky, I'm not one of those people that hides their worst pictures. Oh no, I enlarge them and post them on the Internet for the whole world to see and to rejoice in. He he he. Do I not look like a total crack head? Yikes. You can also really see those puffy, baby fat cheeks that Jack's has that I was referring to.
4 comments:
I don't know which is funnier, the raspberry beret picture, or the scary mommy pic. Too funny.
I just added Jared on Facebook. It's my mission to get the whole family on there, so you should join too, Jenny.
You are so funny! That cake looks divine!
Holy mugshot, lady.
Post a Comment