Monday, August 11, 2008

August sucks

It's hot, 108, to the right is a picture of Lily's sweaty pillow after she woke up from her nap, it looked like she'd just taken a bath she was so sweaty. We've been locked up in our house since we got back from Utah, so there's not much fun to report, so this will be a post of random stuff that entertains me.
Olympics are here, yay. I like Olympics, somewhat. Does any one else feel like so many of the events are completely irrelevant? I feel like some of the Olympians just thought to themselves "You know what would be fun? Getting a gold metal. What can I waste a bunch of time and money on?" So they hire some coach from Uzbekistan to teach them how to twirl a ribbon in an interesting way and they get a gold medal for it. Don't get me wrong, I like what the Olympics stand for, I like the idea of the Olympics. I think that some sports are totally cool, but there are some that are dumb and they lower the street-cred of all of the rest of the sports.
While I was looking online for that picture, I found this picture called "Olympic ribbon dance", which I liked better.
Speaking of pictures I like, Jared's brother, Brian, found this gem:
I've always thought that there is a shocking lack of little Jarey pictures, and turns out there were a lot of pictures in a box in the shed at Jared's dad's house, Hooray!!! Can you believe that little dimple? Take a good look at that chin, too, that's what we're all missing out on. Also, where is his big cheek moley? When did that show up, I wonder, and do my kids have one waiting to appear? My other question is, when this was taken, was Jared playing the part as a tiny Bill Shatner on old-school Star Trek? Did they fly through a worm hole that turned the crew into toddlers? (I think that was a real episode). Oh boy, that's funny, my cheeks hurt from smiling.
This brings me to little Jack. Seeing little Jared confirms my suspicions that Jackie looks more like me than Jared. I need to find a picture of me as a baby to prove it to everyone. I concede that the eyes and nose are Jared's, but look at those little cheeky's.
Jack is now a solid food eater. One day I was eating a peach and put it to Jack's lips so that he could taste it and he took a big old chomp out of it. I went and bought him some baby food and the kid went crazy! After 2 days he'll eat a full jar of pears in about 5- 10 minutes. He cries if I can't get it to him fast enough! He gets that from me, too, I cry if I can't get the food to my face fast enough. J/K.
With the new food, comes new poop. Right when we were leaving to go to church yesterday, Jared went to pick up Jack from his high chair, and he'd had the biggest blow out of all time. He'd pooped out his diaper and kicked his feet around until it was up his back and down to his ankles. Jared came to tell me and calmly said "Don't freak out, we're going to be late for church, Jack had a blow out." I didn't freak out, but we were a half hour late because we had to scrub the little guy in the bath, clean the whole chair and I ended up throwing away the onesie, it was a goner. It doesn't look like it in this picture, but he's grown a lot of hair the last couple of weeks. He's so cute with his little arms tucked down in his jumper.
Lily is doing well. Magically when we came back from Utah, she stopped playing the horrible bedtime game of getting out of bed 1000 times before going to sleep. She now just goes right to sleep, she even puts herself to bed. Here is a picture taken right before Utah of her sleeping in her basket of stuffed animals, she was just too stubborn to get in her bed. It's a miracle and has made my life so much easier. She also loves nursery at church now, and sings songs and "reads" her books all the time. She's such a sweet heart. Even though not everyone can understand her, she talks so much now. We have nice little conversations at meals, it's so fun to know what she's thinking about all the time now, she amazes me all the time with the insightful things she says. Like when she put all the bubbles on herself and said she's a sheep.
As for Jared and I, Jared is enjoying his job and I'm enjoying my job. I'm tired of the heat but am always worrying about the utility bill too much to turn the A/C up too high. My calling at church, I can't remember if I mentioned it before, is in the Young Women's Organization. I am over the 12 and 13 year olds. I have taught a few lessons at church, which is scary to me, but they went well, and I also have to come up for some ideas for mid-week activities. I try too hard to make jokes in front of the girls so that they'll like me and sound like an even bigger dork. It's going to be a stretch for me but I think it will be good.
That's pretty much it. Hopefully we can find some fun stuff to do and then write about it. I will leave you with this video clip of Lily and Papa making cookies in Utah, I tried to post it last time, but it didn't work.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I don't see the video!

Sunny said...

Jenny - I think that is my favorite blog post - from anyone - of all time! Why are you so funny?!?

Eric Petersen said...

Nice video. I was hoping the power struggle regarding cookie position would continue but oh well : )

Also, sweet Star Trek reference!

Gina said...

Come on, Jenny. Even Rhythmic Gymnasts gotta represent. Totally not as cool as trampoliners though. Also, Jackie is a mini Jenny. I also loves that pic of Jar. What an imp.