Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cute Kid stories

OK, so there's not much to write about this week other than a bunch of stories about how cute my kids are, so feel free to skip this one if that's not your thing.
First, little Jackers. He's teething and has been miserable for awhile. I feel so bad for the little fella. He just drools and stuffs his little hand in his mouth and cries. I never went through this with Lily, so it was kind of a surprise to me. Also, he's a porker. He eats so much food! Tons and tons of baby food and is now eating little puffs. He just can't get enough! He's sleeping is on and off, last night he woke up 3 times, but some nights he'll sleep straight through. He's always such a smiley little guy, I can't stop kissing his squishy cheeks all day long. I'm not exaggerating, he probably gets 200 kisses a day. He's also learning to sit up, so far the record is 45 seconds. Here's a cute video, he falls but makes the best of it by sucking his toes. Hehe.
Little Lily is so funny. She says the cutest things. When Jack-o-lantern cries, she walks over to him, pats him, and says "It's OK, I here Jackie." Now that he's getting older, she likes getting him his toys or giving him his puffs, etc. She's a good big sister. This is a picture at her friends princess birthday party.
She's growing up so much, it's freaking me out, and she reminds me of it about 20 times a day. Every time she eats, she says "Eating peas. I growing big!". She says "I growing big!" all the time and also talks about Jack Smack growing big and what they're going to do. Today she said "Jack grow big, I share my toys" and "Jack grow big, he sits in MY high chair" (she means her booster seat chair). Yesterday she walked around with her bear in her backpack and kept saying very matter-of-factly "I going to school today. You stay home. Jack stay home." She loves school buses and always talks about her friends Anna and Dane going to school. It breaks my heart to think about how fast she's growing.
Her hair is getting very long, I'm getting nervous because I think it might be getting cutting time eventually, and I'm worried I'll cut her curls off and they won't come back. We got some new rubber bands for her hair and I put in a pony, she said "My pony hopping!" and then had to jump around the house and feel her pony hopping up and down and look at herself in the mirror. This picture is after her nap one day, she'd slept on all of her animals, but even she was creeped out by her bat (she likes bats for some reason), which was left all alone in the stuffed animal basket. It really cracked me up how lonely her bat is.
One more: We went swimming last week, and I was swimming while pushing Jack Master around in his floaty, and she was hanging on to my back. Thanks to "Go Diego Go" Lily knows specific names of lots and lots of animals (for example they say "Leather back sea turtles" instead of just "turtle") and as I was swimming along Lily said "Mama, whale shark!", which is actually the worlds largest fish. Hahaha. It was hilarious.
Jared is doing good. He's excited for football and really overly excited about the new season of Chuck starting (do I detect a man-crush?)
In other news, I'm finally working on editing the videos from our camcorder for the first time ever. Right now I'm making the DVD of Christmas 2005. That's embarrassing. This video is from last night. Jack was in his jumper while I was making Thai chicken for dinner. He was perfectly happy, I'm not a bad parent, I promise, and everything, including Jackie-boy, was thoroughly disinfected.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

In that first video, I totally wanted to munch on Jack's cute little chubby thighs!

Jen said...

Love all that funny stuff!
Yummm.. tai chicken.. that sounds delicious - recipe please!!!!

Gina said...

I miss Lily and Smack. I need some Burrough time. Also, thanks for making me almost yarf. That's a llot of poop, sister.

:) said...

What have you been feeding that boy? How cute. I have officially tagged you. Check my blog for rules. Don't do it if you don't want to. Ciao!