Thursday, July 31, 2008

All about the trip

We're back from Utah! We had tons of fun and it was great to be able to spend so much time with my parents, Sunny and friends. We stayed pretty busy, but also had enough time for plenty of naps, treats, and hanging around the house. Because we were gone for so long, there is way to much fun stuff to write in detail about it all, so here is a list:

Went to Provo's Farmer's Market with Dad and kids, which is actually really cool, lots of really cheap, yummy food. Bought a tamale, some cookies and smoothie.

Went tubing down the river with Dad, Sunny, John and Journee. Super cold. River was high. Way fun.

Went to a park with the whole fam, Aunt Lorene, and some of her grandkids. Ate Sensuous Sandwiches and played.

While driving, dad all of a sudden went off road and drove right up next to a choo choo train. It "choo choo-ed" and Lily loved it.

Went camping in Dad's camper. Looked at trees, birds, mountains, bugs, bats, snakes, deer, horse and lots of wild flowers.

Went to BeaneMuseum at BYU with Parents and Jen, Charlie and Jack ( http://billirae.blogspot.com/ ). Lots of stuffed animals. Real animals, not plush toys. Lily was very enthusiastic about all the animals, I'm amazed how many she can name. I liked the bugs the best.

Went up the canyon for a picnic.

Went on a night time ski lift ride at sunset. It was supposed to be to look at the full moon, but we were too early. It was beautiful, saw deer, smelled great, Lily was a little freaked out, but loved it. Jack didn't love it so much. I don't know what was going on, it was so peaceful and quiet, except for Jack crying the whole time. I tried desperately to shut him up, but he wouldn't. I felt so bad for the people around us. I even tried nursing him on the way up. He could be the only baby ever breast fed while riding up a ski lift.

Painted the downstairs bathroom. My mom and Aunt Lorene decided to rip everything out a few days before we got there (two crazy, middle-aged, manic weirdo's should not be put together, it's nothin but trouble).

Watched two movies (I don't get to see many these days).

Went to eat at several restaurants, Sensuous Sandwich, Bombay House, Beto's.

Went to a petting zoo at Macey's grocery store, saw a miniature burro.

Did a little shopping.

Went swimming with Jen, Charlie and Jack.

Made some meals and treats, including vacation pie, a tradition.

Took naps and slept in a couple times.

Sat on the porch swing and watched the rain and wind.

Fed the birds in the back yard. Both Lily and Papa love little birdies.

Watched fireworks, mostly fountains and sparklers, Lily loved them.

While at the house, Lily played a lot in the camper, marched in little parades with flags, sang a lot of songs, read books, played in the jewelry box, and made snickerdoodles with Papa and generally kept very busy.

It was 2 weeks of good times, but by the end, we were all ready to go home. Lily kept saying she missed Jamal, Ruby, and even Daddy. We called Jared several times a day and he told her stories and sang her songs before bed, it was so sweet. Ruby and Jamal missed Lily, too. They cuddled in her bed while we were gone. Funny story, on the way back, when we got to the airport, I realized that I'd forgotten my purse. I had to have my dad bust a move up to the airport to give it to me, I almost had a stroke. Since we've been back, Lily has been having a lot of fun rediscovering all of her toys and books. I missed my house and my bed and all my comforts, even Jack seems to be grateful to have his rocking chair, changing table, and swing. We all missed the kitties and Jared most of all. We had so much fun and I'm so glad that we were able to go.

5 comments:

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are so cute! I love the one where Lily is holding Jack on the rocking horse wearing the same dress as your mom... too precious. I wish we were back, I am dying to meet Jack and see you guys.

momof5foxes said...

I am sorry I did not get to see you when you were out here! I am glad that my kids got to visit with you though! And I LOVE your comment about your mom and my MIL!!! Yes, I agree...and my sides still hurt!

Eric Petersen said...

Well I'm jealous. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I wish I was there. Mom and Dad never looked so happy. We need to frame the one of Mom,Dad, Lily and Jack at Bridal Veil Falls.

John Michael and Nauni said...

Jenny!!! We missed you and the little guys! Jared missed you too! We were bummed that we couldnt have Billy over more while you were gone! Our work schedule stinks...boo to the sucky commute!! :) Looks like you guys had a blast in UT! Lily looks so cute in every single picture! I bet your family was so mushy over Jack Jack. He is hard not to just LOVE!!! Glad to have you home! Let's hang out eh'? Bang?? xoxo -Naun