Monday, July 7, 2008

All about Jack

So today's post is going to be all about little Jack. We call him Jack, Jack-Jack, Jackie, Jackie Boy, Jack Man, Jackers, Jackleton, etc. He's 4 months old now, and starting to get interesting. To make sure I'm don't forget to mention one tiny detail, I'm going to work from the top down.

Head: He has a big, old head 75 percentile, still kind of lumpy. He's growing a lot of new hair, which is dark and fuzzy, darker than Lily's, and his wispy, little newborn hairs are mostly gone, except for some long ones above his ears and a patch on the top of his head. I like to mold them and stick them up so he looks like a mad scientist, or an umpa loompa.

Eyes: They're getting darker, I think they'll be dark brown, like Lily's.

Nose: Cute little Burrough button.

Mouth: I think he's growing a tooth. He always has his hands in there. He makes the cutest little noises, still, and laughs a lot more. He's gotten ticklish on his belly and neck, which I love and I can't help making him laugh, even when it's supposed to be quiet at church, I can't help it!

Neck: What neck?

Arms: He's learning to hold on to toys and to reach and pull things in to him.

Belly: Cute and round. I kiss it and bite it as hard as I can. 50 percentile weight, so not much fat there. We just tried giving him rice cereal for the first time.

Bum: Cute, but not as round as Lily's was. I still like to pinch it though.

Legs: So chubby he has little creases that I have to clean. His legs are pretty long, he's 90 percentile for height.

Toes: He's learned to hold on to his toes, which is adorable. His little feet are always sweaty. He also gets very sweaty when he sits in Lily's old high chair. Hopefully he's not cursed with excessive sweat like his daddy.

I love his little personality that he's developing. He's so nice and cuddly. He seems to like Lily a lot. They lay beside each other in Lily's bed and watch the lights from the disco ball. I was so worried about whether I'd like having a boy, but I totally love him so much it freaks me out.
Here is a video of me holding him in front of the mirror. (Ignore the ridiculous conversation in the background between Jared and Lily discussing at length how she wants the cheese on her noodles.)

In other news, there is none. We've been really boring. It's 110 every day so we can't go out. July 4th the fireworks were cancelled because of a bad wind storm, of course, no rain with it. There was also a weird electrical storm, tons and tons of lightning but not a drop of rain. Jared is working, I'm taking care of other stuff, Lily is cute and causing trouble (two really IS terrible, sometimes), and Jack is sweet as can be.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

RED ALERT!!! I just tried to watch the first video, and got a message that said "this video not currently available!" I did get to watch the second video, however, and Chewy came bounding into the room - freaking out about baby noises. Very funny. Jack is SO cute! I can't wait to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Baby nibbling?!? I want some!!!--mel

Jen said...

I think Jack just sweats because it's 110 freakin' degrees there! Insanity!

LOVE the cheese conversation! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there discussing these issues!

Excited to see you guys!