Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Guess Who's Using the Potty!!! (Besides me and sometimes Jared)

That's right! Our little Lily has learned to Pee AND Poo on the potty, HOORAY!!! It's so exciting! We started last weekend, as I had planned on. I was skeptical that it would work, and Saturday morning, I was even more skeptical after she peed all over the kitchen floor after sitting on the potty for a half hour. She felt really sad about that though, and after that, everything went pretty smoothly. There were a couple accidents, but those are to be expected, and over all she's doing really well.





What's my secret? Besides being an all star mom with a genius child- She's got a chart that she puts stickers on after every time she goes, and she gets a small candy or a toy. We rented a little potty video from the library, which she loves and watched like 5 times and an Elmo potty book that she's been looking at for a couple months. Really, she was just ready, it was her time, I guess. She's a pretty brave kid.



Also, as you can see in this picture, the bonus to having Lily potty training is that she runs around naked all the time. I try and keep her dressed, but she strips down 5 seconds later. This is not a big problem for me, first because she's got the cutest little, round bum; and second, because she's not too skilled at taking her pantaloons off in a hurry, which has caused panic a few times, so we sometimes just leave them off.


A few weeks ago we went to a local farm that has a yearly celebration. It's what you'd expect, watermelon eating contest, petting zoo, barbecue, face painting, little games, etc. It was really fun though. We went with our friends John and Gina and their kids (here is their blog: http://protestacular.blogspot.com/).
Other news, our church boundaries changed and we are now a brand new ward and building, which is exciting. New people to meet, new friends, and I'm also no longer called as the Nursery Leader and Jared is no longer a Sunday school teacher for the 15 year olds. Pretty exciting since I've been in the nursery for a long, long time and it was difficult since I had little Jack.


Jack is doing good, he's as cute as I can handle, and even a little bit more. He's smiling and laughing it up a lot and I like to chew his little cheeks and belly. He's just like Lily was, and he gets hiccups every time he laughs even a little (Lily still does every once in a while, too).

3 comments:

Gina said...

LILY is the word! She is a the most genius genius 2 year old of the world.

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Go Lily!!! I am so proud of her. Only 1 baby in diapers, wahoo..time to have another! Jack is so so cute.

julieannepapa said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I love the little buns. That is one of the most fun things about being potty trained. I squeeze Kylie's buns all the time. I just can't keep my hands off them!