Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Moon Lake

When school got out I was itching to get out of town, so I booked a last minute trip to Moon Lake.  It's a fun little lake in the High Uintah mountains.

There is a little "resort" there.  It's actually some very rustic cabins plopped right in a forest and it's perfect for camping with little kids.  There's a bathroom, a kitchen, a table, some very old beds, and separate rooms so the baby can nap.
The first night we went up with just our family.  We walked around and looked at deer, pot-guts, a lake, we ate some good food and I taught kids how to light a fire.
 Annie had a good time licking rocks.  Look closely at the rock she's sitting on.  She licked it.
 The lake has a great, sandy beach.
We flew kites.  A couple were lost in the lake.
Junie liked the sand, and ate some.
Jack coated himself in about 5 lbs of sand and was a sand monster.
Lily is always adorable.
Look at this girl!

One thing I was really excited about is the hummingbirds.  At the main lodge there is a porch with several hummingbird feeders.   There are always several birds zipping around and going crazy, and they said that at the height of the summer there are so many zipping around you can hardly walk out on the porch.
 The second day Jared went home to go to work.  Hannah and her kids and my parents came up for one night.  Grandma taught the kids to make whistles with crab grass.
 Stoney brought his spotting scope.
 We laid around in the grass.  Anytime I lay down I get several kids piling on me almost immediately.
 Hannah prepared a program, like she always does.  We love to tease her, but it was nice.
It was a beautiful trip, I can't wait to go back.

No comments: