Starting in January, Jared and I started eating healthy and Jared started going back to Crossfit. He's been doing well and has lost about 25 lbs.
He also had a birthday and I made him a cake that his mom used to make for his birthdays. Some kind of coconut/strawberry concoction. I messed up the frosting, but it was tasty anyway.
It was a dry winter and sadly we were only able to go sledding once.
Annie was super brave and was going down the hill all on her own, face first.
I wish we could have gone more than once.
Jack and Lily made their own Valentines this year. They were adorable.
My loving sister Hannah and her family finally moved back to Utah from Denver. We couldn't be happier and have loved spending time with them. One thing that I always wished was that we could have them here for Easter. My wish finally came true! We dyed eggs with Hannah.
We had a hunt in my parents' backyard, Hannah did a lesson (she always has one, it's hilarious), and it was so much fun having cousins there.
I'm lucky that the kids have a few great aunts. Another is Sunny. Here are all the kids sitting on her.
I dyed my hair red, I just needed a change.
We went to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival. Annie and Cate are about 9 months apart and are a little bit frenemies. They like each other most time, but also hate each other a little bit. Here are a couple pictures of them looking hilariously pissed.
The trip was fun, but a bit of a fiasco, as they all are when you're trying to take 6 kids somewhere. I packed a picnic, including stuff to make PB&J's, but I forgot the knife and Hannah had to shove her hands into the jars to make them.
Cate and Annie peed in the bushes, continuing a proud Burrough family tradition of peeing at the tulip festival.
We went to Tracy Aviary. When I was a kid I was obsessed with Toucans for some reason. I went to Tracy Aviary on a field trip and I remember it being one of the best places ever. It was still pretty fun as an adult. We're definitely bird people.
We had a picnic in the park after.
Jack loves making muffins for lunch while Annie makes jello.
Painting bird houses.
Picnics. We ate outside everyday for a couple of weeks.
It's been a good first quarter.






















No comments:
Post a Comment