Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Here's Some Stuff That Happened

It's been a really slow few months for us, which is why I haven't posted for a long time.  My days are crazy busy but nothing really eventful happens.  Here is some of the wacky stuff that happened this fall:
Our garden did really well, thanks to Jared.  We got lots of great veggies, including this tomato, which looked like Gru from Despicable Me.
Our apple tree branches were heavy with delicious beauties.  We made a lot of apple sauce and crisp, and at the end of the season my dad and I had a canning day, and canned apple pie filling and carrot pudding. 

They're delicious, but most of all I had a great time spending the day with my dad.  He's pretty much the best person I have ever or will ever know in my whole life.  I can't even begin to express how much I love and admire him.  I marvel all the time at how lucky I am to be his daughter.  Sheesh, look how cute he is in his apron.
Jare-Bear, who never stops working (unless there is an important You Tube video that needs to be watched), spent a few messy, sweaty, swear-y days painting the fence.  I didn't think it needed to be done, but I'm so glad he did it anyway.  It looks fantastic.
To celebrate our 11th anniversary we borrowed a friends Razr (ATV) and rode around the mountains with some friends, sans kids.  It was a good time.
While we had the Razr, we took the kids to the sand dunes.  It was super windy and being in the middle of miles of loose sand is the worst place in the world to be during a wind storm.  We found a lovely juniper bush/tree that provided a wind-break and shade, so June and I sat in a chair for a couple hours.

The kids and Jared made the best of it and played in the sand.

One day, after some sickness or something, we had some wicked cabin fever and went for a little hike to a tiny waterfall.

There were some little log bridges that were fun for the kids.

These two are such good friends.  I'm so lucky that they get along so well.

Look at this beautiful, little muffin.

Our cool neice Caitlyn came to visit before she went to the MTC.  She's serving her mission in Mesa, AZ. (This is me with no makeup and in my jammies, which is how I spend 90% of my time.)

The kids also spend a lot of time laying around in jammies.

Halloween happened.  I forgot to take pictures, of course.  Jack was a ninja, Annie and Lily were butterflies, June wore the classic chicken costume for about a half hour. I scored on the biggest pumpkins ever, which is really saying something because I love me some BIG punkins. This one was at least 50 lbs.

The kids also got some biggies for carving.

June is a little puff of powdered sugar.  She's sleeping relatively well, is starting to sit, smiles when I walk in the room, laughs when I tickle her, eats baby food and then raspberry blows it all over my face.  She has a knack for getting it directly in my eyes. I love her so much, SHE'S JUST SO SQUISHY!
She sits in a laundry basket while I fold.
This poor little baby doesn't get bathed very much compared to the first kid.  I wash her with a washcloth to keep her from smelling, but when she does, she usually bathes with her big sister, Lily.

Annie is maxed out in the cute department.  A big part of her cuteness is the way she speaks.  Sometimes if she's in a hurry, she will talk for 5 minutes and I'll only understand a handful of words.  We're working on it, but some things she says are so cute, I secretly don't want her to change it.  For example, she calls candy, "Tanny".  When I stop her and enunciate "C-AN-DY", she says "C-Tanny", and than we go back and forth like that for a few minutes, with her not changing any sounds.
(In these pictures we're at a local pumpkin patch.)

She doesn't always speak fast.  When making an apple pie she came running in and yelled "PIE!!!...  HAPPY!!!...  MEEEEE!!!!!

We bought some glittery butterfly antennae for Halloween, Annie ate all the glitter off hers before we got out of the car.
Here are her dinosaurs riding a skateboard.

Annie likes to drive Jack crazy, which I'm fine with, because Jack gives it back to Annie even worse.  One of the best parts of having kids is hearing them yell wacky things when I don't really know what's going on.  The other day I heard Jack yell very angrily "Annie!  Get your stupid butt off me!"  I peeked in to see what was going on, and sure enough, Annie was standing over Jack on the couch, rubbing her butt on his head for no apparent reason.

One day in the van Jack said "Everyone in our family has a weapon."  I asked him what he was talking about.  I guess he saw Jared get his "piece" before leaving, he's been concealed carrying lately (big eye roll and sigh), the three bigger kids had brought their ninja swords and nun-chucks.
I said "Oh ya?  What's Junes weapon?"
"Barf."
(Note the sign behind Jack.  It says "Hi kids!  My name is Jack and I'm a miniature donkey.")

Jack got a slide bed.  Because it is up so high, fat, old, Ruby couldn't get up into his bed anymore.  He loved his new bed, but one night he came down crying, and said "I hate my new bed, I want my old one back."  I guess he loves cuddling with Ruby even more than the bed.  We solved it by building a fat cat ramp and all is right with the world.


Another great thing about kids is when they suddenly discover something that has been around forever and it's all new again.  Watch any kid show and you'll see that they are using the same, lame jokes that we watched on Full House 20 years ago.  When eating Frosted Flakes for breakfast, (we normally eat healthier cereals, I promise) Lily was reading the box and saw that Tony the Tiger says "They're Grrrrreat!"  She lit up and said "MOM!  MOM!!!  He's a tiger, so he says 'Grrrr' and so they're 'Grrrrreat'!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Thanksgiving happened.  Hannah and Eric came out, which was super.  I got matching jammies and slippers for the kids.  It's funny how throwing one new three year old in the mix makes them go out of their minds.

I colored my hair.  Red.  I needed a change.

Here's this guy.  He's adorable.
It was a good fall. Too fast, me thinks.

1 comment:

mel said...

Dad and I just read these posts. We laughed and cried. You are a fantastic writer. Highly amusing!