Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Good Day

Suddenly, one morning I woke up and it was a good day.  Not that days are normally not good, it just seemed like an especially good day.  It was like that part of the Harry Potter book, when he drank a potion and had good luck.  I don't know if stars aligned, or chemicals balanced, or it was caffeine, but I was in a good mood and good things kept happening.  I wrote previously that I am working to really focus in on the good things that happen, so here it is:

-First thing is that we got a new cat, it was the first day he was loose in our house.
(He's on the table by Jack, ignore our hideous wallpaper, I'll get to it eventually.)

One day he just showed up at our house and wouldn't go away.  Every time a door opened he tried to shove his way in and he started sleeping on the porch furniture. Here he is looking all mangy, he was all full of burrs and sticks and was so hungry.

After about a week of this, we finally gave in, took him to get neutered and vaccinated, brought him inside, and named him Fluffy. He's so flippin' cute.  He's a mix between a cat, lion, and weimaraner.  He has super thick fur, and giant, shimmery paws.  He's definitely a cold weather breed and loves to pounce the snow. Because he's new he doesn't know the good sleeping spots, so he sleeps in really odd, uncomfortable ways. Here he is bridging the gap between the nightstand and bed.

He's not getting along with Jamal, so his future is uncertain.  Hopefully they will make friends soon.

-My dad out of nowhere brought me flowers!  I put them with the chicken salt and pepper shakers that he gave me for my birthday, which I love and always make me happy.

-It was a beautiful snowy morning.  We have a lot of really lovely, mature trees around us full of chirping birds and the view of the mountains is even more spectacular after snow.

-Annie peed her pants but was wearing boots, which caught all the pee, so I didn't have to clean up the floor.  Yay!

-We got a new TV for our bedroom.  I've been fighting it for a really long time, but finally gave in and I'm loving it.  I brought up my rocking chair and it's so nice to be able to sit peacefully, feed June and watch the news or HGTV.

- I also enjoyed my new curtains that I sewed all by myself for our bedroom, it makes napping so much better.  June still sleeps in our closet, so it's been great.  (Ignore the wallpaper again, our room is going to be super fantastic some day.)

- Jack was so sweet and handsome while eating his lunch.  It's surprising how much time I can spend sitting and staring at their sweet faces.  Jack is eating the best apple sauce ever that I made from our apple trees. (I roasted them instead of steaming or boiling. MMmmmmm)

- I was able to do a lot of cleaning, which always makes me happy.

- When driving Jack to school I discovered that the city finally put in a stop sign on our street that I've been lobbying for since we moved in.

- Best of all, I went to the Parent/Teacher conference and talked to the big kid's teachers about how great they're doing.  I was so happy and so proud of them both, but most of all, super relieved that Jack is doing fantastically.  I was so worried about him and for no reason.

Good times.  I love these days.

1 comment:

Than & Lina said...

I hope I can be more like you!