I've got about 3 1/2 weeks left until my due date, June 10th. The baby is flipping and kicking and getting really big. This has not been the easiest pregnancy, but everything is healthy, so I can't complain too much (although I still do). The most difficult part of this one so far has been the headaches, again. For some reason the first two trimesters my head actually felt better than even before I was pregnant. But once I hit the third trimester they seemed worse than ever. I've been waking up with a pounding head every morning, and for the most part it lasts all day and is the worst in the evening. The only thing that helps is caffeine. For the last week or so something happened in my lower back and I can barely walk, it even hurts to move my foot from the gas to the brake while driving. All of this on top of the normal end of pregnancy stuff; insomnia, stuffy nose, my feet are more swollen than ever. I officially have cankles. It sucks. I'm only putting this in the blog because someday I'm going to make this baby read this and she will be nicer to me.
We went up the canyon to walk around for awhile. The cold water felt good on my fat feet.
The kids seem excited, although 9 months is so long for a kid. Four more weeks is still forever away for them. Annie seems to understand that there is a new baby coming to live with us. She's a little obsessed with my giant belly. She likes to poke it and punch it. Jack told me that my belly is like a "giant, squishy blob", so that's nice.
Annie loves to stick things up her nose. She's always done it, no matter how much I have tried to discourage it; beans, peas, fingers, Grandma's smallest Russian nesting doll, etc. One day I put her down for a nap, and she kept pointing to her runny nose and saying "Owie". I thought she just had a runny nose from spring allergies or a little cold. She wouldn't go to sleep and was really persistent with the pointing and snotting. Finally I figured it out and asked her if she put something in there, she said yes. I turned on the light and discovered a big red bead was way up there. Normally I'd have her blow it out, but because it was positioned with the hole in the middle, she couldn't blow it out. I tried tweezers, but it just seemed to push it up further and since it was hurting her, she was wiggling around and I was worried I'd cut up the inside of her nose with the tweezers. I took her to the doctor's office. He's smarter than me and fashioned a hook out of some wire, stuck it up there and got it out with no problem.
Annie also had her very first dentist appointment.
Lily is excited to be out of school soon. I'm very excited that she's done with homework. I hate first grade homework and it was still a battle every single day. It would take around 45 minutes to an hour and most of that time was me just yelling at her to stop messing around and just write. It was ridiculous.
Here is her sign she made for Daddy's birthday, she hung it up on the door.
She added something to my grocery list. She's hilarious, and a crazy candy addict.
One day I found this half eaten pat of butter hidden under her seat in the truck. We'd gone to a restaurant and she kept putting a lot of butter on her bread. When I told her no more butter, apparently that made it irresistible and she swiped some to sneakily eat on the way home.
Jack is hilarious. He makes me crazy. I was helping him clean his room and my super sniffer detected a sadly familiar, pee smell. I asked him if he'd had an accident and he said no. So I started sniffing around. My super sniffer led me to the heater vent. He peed in the vent! He's been really mad a couple nights lately at bedtime, I suspect he did it then. He felt bad and I made him clean the toilets as payment.
It's just one of those things that little kids do. I'm sure he was curious what would happen and just couldn't help himself. I remember when I was a little I used an old-timey manual drill and drilled holes into our piano. I also remember chewing on my wooden bed. The whole time I did it I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't resist.
Jack and Lily walked across some some logs and rocks to get to this hill across the creek. On the way back, for some reason Jack got stuck half way across the creek and it took 20 minutes and a long stick to poke him with to make it back across.
Last month Jared went to a sales conference in Atlanta for a couple days. His report was that he didn't enjoy it very much, mainly because the food provided wasn't excellent. That seems to be the highlight of most of his trips. A few days after he got back from Atlanta he went with his work buddies to St George. They played a lot; swimming, golfing, something called Pickle.
While he was gone the kids had the idea of washing the car and truck for him. We all spent a really long time on it and did an excellent job.
Hannah came for a visit. We had a great trip to the zoo.
Annie seemed to especially love it, she's at just the right age. We've been singing "Old McDonald had a Zoo" ever since.
We rode the carousel.
We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. It was chilly, but lovely.
Springville City just opened this new Splash park less than 2 blocks from our house. It's really cool and perfect for our ages of kids. It's going to be really nice this summer to be able to just walk there and have a picnic or something.
I'm really nervous about what's going to happen this summer, having a fourth kid around. Jared and I are both trying to get as much stuff done as we can before she comes. He's working on the house and garden, I'm trying to get the inside of the house cleaned up and organized. The blog is one of those items, I just wanted to get caught up since I likely won't be able to post anything for quite a while. Mission accomplished. Now on to next item on the list, although it might just be a nap.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















2 comments:
Excellent update, friend!
Excellent update, friend!
Post a Comment