Friday, September 6, 2013

Little June is here!

Well, we had a baby. I have four kids. Four kids.  I still can't believe it.

We named her June Eden. June because it's a name I've always loved, and Eden, because I also love it  and it's my beautiful sister's middle name. I call her Junebug,  Junie B or Junie Lou Who.



She came on June 12th.  I'm so glad I didn't have to wait any longer, because the heat was killing me.  My feet were ridiculously swollen.  My head was killing me every day (it has since been good, which is a miracle). At one point I had a crazy pinched nerve in my lower back that made every movement of my leg agonizing. It got so bad that I could barely drive because moving my leg from the gas to the brake was too much.  I was dragging my leg around behind me like a lame dog from Tijuana.

I was finally induced after going a couple days past my due date.  Everything went just as I expected it to, and right along with my other deliveries. The only thing unexpected was that the hospital made a mistake and had me scheduled on the day that my doctor (Dr. Judd, who can be a little cantankerous) was supposed to be off, so he showed up a little grumpy.   I was in labor for a long time, just waiting for the doctor to show up. Then once he broke my water I progressed quickly. I warned the nurses and doctor, but he left anyway; they were expecting a few more hours.  After 20 minutes I called the nurse back in, she checked and immediately looked worried and told me to put my legs together, not push at all, don't sneeze or even move.  We waited for the doctor and she came out on the first push.  8 lbs. 7 oz.  Having babies is my only talent. I think we could beat the Duggar family if we wanted to.
The traditional blessing day picture.
The other kids have been pretty good with her. As I expected, Lily was a little scared of her, but is warming up to her and is now good at making her smile. She is of course, very happy to help me and fetches me things that I need and helps Jack and Annie. If I had given birth to any fuzzy, baby animal she would have been much happier.

Jack is a great little Daddy to his baby doll and is also very sweet with Junie.  The other day I told him he was cute and said "June is the cutest in the whole wide family."  He likes to pose in interesting ways for pictures.

Annie surprisingly hasn't had any jealousy issues.  She's nice to June and likes to fetch her sucky when she cries.  I picture them in the future as little partners in crime.


Dad likes her.


Grandma, too.

Junie is almost 3 months old now, and so far we're making it work. She's a gem and I love her so much.  She's a great little eater, pooper, and an OK sleeper.  She has great big eyes and very skinny, delicate arms.  She's got great little facial expressions. For a long time it was only a scowl all the time, but now he's added the most adorable, little, gummy smile.

Her hair is kind of  reddish. She's growing new little fuzz and its still red. It's definitely different from any of the other babies. I think it will be cute if each kid has a different hair color.  She has a little tuft on the crown of her head that cracks me up.

She's my first thumb-sucker.


So far it seems like Jared and I each get 2 kids.  Jack and June look exactly like my baby pictures, and Lily and Annie look more like Jared, though all the kids I think are a good blend of both of us. More than good, excellent. I'm not shy to say that I think all of my kids are gorgeous. I sometimes wonder if it's just because I'm their mom, or if they really are the most beautiful little people on the planet.  Either way, I sure am lucky.


No comments: