You know I like to keep it real, so I'm going to start this post with the worst family picture ever. It's horrible! I tried to do a nice Easter Sunday picture. We all look amazingly terrible and grumpy. I look pastie, saggy and fat, Jared looks amazingly uncomfortable, Jack looks like he just got smacked, Lily looks like someone is yelling at her, and Annie is about attack. Every time I see it I laugh so hard I wheeze and cry.
Here is a better effort, although I couldn't get them to stop eating candy long enough to take a picture.
We had a great Easter Egg hunt in our back yard. I've never gotten a good egg hunt picture, the kids are too fast and hyped up.
Little robin egg blue lips.
As soon as it got warm, Jared got the fever and started working on the outside of the house. We got a giant pile of dirt for our garden. The kids had a pretty great time with it for awhile, as you'd expect. Jack liked to stuff his underwear full of dirt, so Annie would stuff her diaper, too.
During a wind storm our fence blew down. That took a few weeks to get replaced, but Jared is a fence building master now.
Jared's grass is phenomenal. There's so much of it and he's taking really good care of it.
Jared built a fantastic garden box. That's the sturdiest garden box you'll ever see.
He also built an equally amazing compost bin. The top lifts up, and the front panels remove so that you can turn the compost, it's pretty great. He's kind obsessed with composting.
I haven't been without projects. I put in this stair runner. It took a really, really long time to find the rug I wanted. I put a thick pad under it because I mainly wanted it for safety. They're long and steep and the wood was very slippery. I'd slipped on them three times in the few months we've lived here and Annie still insisted on being carried down. I really like the way it turned out.
I also crafted. I made this wreath. It's kind of a big deal because I don't craft very often.
I also weeded our flower garden. Because I have a big pregnant belly, it was difficult and I only could do a little at a time. It took about a week or two to do the whole flower garden, which is not very big. It was kinda fun, though, because our house is new to us I didn't know what was coming up. It was a big surprise that we got a ton of tulips.
Spring took a long time to get here this year. It was really cold for a long time. Here is Lily flying a kite, it was still really cold.
The chickens seem pretty happy spring is here, they can finally come out of their covered run. We even let them come into the kitchen and clean up the rice that Annie dropped during dinner. They did a pretty good job.
We're all very happy that it has finally warmed up. Our warm weather adventures have already begun; more on that in the next post.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment