Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lily Lou turned 6!

My little baby girl is 6 and she is absolutely incredible. She's smart and funny, and I'm continually amazed at how thoughtful and kind she is. She never hesitates to share her treats. She is always watching out for Jack around other kids. She always includes him and other kids in games. She always knows what is right to do, and sometimes if I have to reminder her, she just nods and says "Ya, I know."  I sometimes feel bad that she is too worried about doing what is just right and being good.  She's just wonderful.

Here is her birthday interview:

Favorite color: Purple
Favorite animal: Horses and Zebra
Favorite TV show: Peppa Pig
Favorite movie: Despicable Me and Home on the Range
Favorite food: Pizza and macaroni and cheese.
Favorite hobby: Ride scooter and go on dates with Mom and Dad (the kids earn dates by doing chores.)
Favorite dessert: Dessert Pizza and whopper ice cream
What do you want to do when you grow up? A horse trainer

Lily's art is pretty impressive.  She likes drawing with Papa and she does very well.

This one is not really art necessarily, but it cracked me up.  She and Jack put these knight stickers as if they were battling.  I'm not really sure what it was about, but some were yelling "Yes" and others "No" and apparently it got pretty heated.

For Lily's birthday she wanted an Angry Birds party. My plan was to do something very simple with just a couple kids. Like usual I got a little carried away. While it was pretty easy going, I got excited about making angry birds crafts. They all turned out pretty cute except the piñata that I procrastinated. I tried to put it in the oven to dry it out fast and it shriveled up like a giant prune. It was pretty fun anyway.

Lily's got some really fun friends.

We played Angry Birds dodge ball.

One game we played all kids vs. Jared and I.
Her missing teeth are hilarious.  How cute is this kid?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday, Lily! Love and miss all y'all Burroughs