Thursday, April 5, 2012

Annie Baby Turns 1!

It's been an entire year since my tiniest baby joined our family. At first she seemed like such a stranger, it seemed so odd to have this extra baby around. Now I can't imagine not having her as part of our family, she fits just perfectly. She rests on my hip so snugly, like she was made to fit that spot. She plays and follows the big kids around as if it's exactly what she wants to do and the kids love her being part of the fun, too; another obstacle to jump over in the race.
She's growing so quickly, she's a very tall, but kinda skinny baby.  She loves to stand up and carefully balance so that she can show off her cool new trick.  Then she looks around, smiles, and waits for applause.

She's said her first "kinda" word.  She has a stuffed dalmatian dog and when she has it she shakes it and says "oof oof".  It's pretty adorable.  I'm also pretty sure that she's said "mama" in reference to me.

I think Annie likes her dog because she was a dog in a previous life.  She loves to chew on shoes and always has.  She'll find them as soon as they're put on the floor and she just chews away.  She even goes straight to them when they're put away.

When she takes a nap, if she doesn't go to sleep immediately, she takes her shirt off, which is quite an accomplishment for a little baby.
Annie also likes to blow raspberries on people.  She'll find any exposed skin and blow, then she looks up at you and laughs.  She's so proud of herself, it's hilarious. 
Annie and I did her birthday interview just like the big kids.  She can't talk, but she answered with her eyes and kicks.
Favorite color: I think I look best in yellow, because of my blowy, yellow, duck fuzz hair.
Favorite animal: Birds, I can do the sign just like my big sister, Lily, when she was my age.
Favorite TV show: You mean that flashy light box? Meh.
Favorite movie: Never seen one.
Favorite food: I love all food and I eat A LOT. I love canned peas, frosted mini wheats, moms homemade bread, carrots, grapes, just about anything.
Favorite hobby: Hunting and chewing shoes.  Finding cupboards full of interesting things and throwing them all over.  Chewing wet washcloths.
Favorite dessert: Birthday cake and ice cream.
What do you want to do when you grow up: an olympic speed-crawler.
 
For Annie's birthday we baked a giant donut cake (thank you, Bed Bath and Beyond clearance section!  I bought way too much awesome junk there.) and we sang to her.  She loved having everyone looking at her and singing, she turned all red and I thought she was going to explode.
Annie and Daddy window love through the sliding glass door.  It's normally not that dirty, Jared is remodeling, more on that in a later post.
I think this kid is going to be a funny, attention loving little girl.

No comments: