Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's baby time!

I just got the call from the hospital that I'm to go in around 6am tomorrow to be induced! Yahoo! I'm really excited, and I realized I haven't really blogged about this pregnancy and figured I should before it's too late, especially since I tend to forget everything about pregnancy. I've been really over this pregnancy for the last 3 weeks or so. With my other two I was still feeling relatively good at this point, but this one has been much more difficult. In general this pregnancy has been harder than my pregnancy with Jack, maybe not worse than Lily's. This time the worst parts were really bad back/hip/rib pains and headaches in addition the regular stuff (heartburn, no sleep, etc). The headaches were around in the second trimester, then went away for awhile and came back in a big way for the last 3 weeks or so. It's from a combination of neck problems, clenching my teeth at night, stress, and lack of sleep. It's been a terrible, pounding headache with absolutely no relief. It's actually worse when I wake up. Anyway, enough complaining, bottom line is that I'm really excited to be getting this baby out.
Here's me in my Jaguar Mumu dress, which I've been wearing since I don't want to wear pants anymore. It's been in my mom's costume box for a zillion years and it's awesome.
Jack and Lily have been sympathetic. One day on the way to pick up Lily from school, Jack said he wanted to stop at the tiny store (the Stouffers outlet near the preschool, they have candy). I said "Not today Buddy" "Why not, Mom?" "Because my head hurts." "Aaaww, sorry Mom. You need to get that baby out?" He's so sweet, anytime someone gets hurt he says "Awww, sorry." Jack says he wants to name the baby "Rocky Dumptruck". Lily's been less excited and more nervous. She's generally pretty nervous about changes anyway, but lately when we talk about the baby coming she gets quiet and a nervous face. Before bed tonight Lily said I could take one of her stuffed animals to the hospital with me. She's great and I know she'll be excited to help once the baby's here.
Here's another funny story. Awhile back Jared made flan for dessert. Ya, flan. It was a surprise and I gave Lily some clues so she could guess what it was that we were having (I told her pudding, because she's never heard of flan in her life). After she had guessed correctly and I told her it was a good guess, she nodded and said "I think I know EVERYTHING!" Here's another cute story. Yesterday Jack and Lily and I went to the park to fly a kite. Jack had me hold his monster truck in my pocket like I always do. He was running around looking so adorable and ran straight into my belly and said "Mom, put me in your pocket?". Oh sweet Jacky, if only I could.

4 comments:

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Good luck with everything!! If you need anything while I am in Ut let me know!

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Good luck today, let us know when we can bring dinner.

Staci said...

Congrats on the babers!! When I was pregnant with Kyler I took the kids to one of my visits so they could hear the baby's heart. caden said it didn't sound like a heart that it sounded like a dump truck. From then on he wanted to name the baby dump truck. After the baby was born he then wanted to name him "transporter". Funny boys!

Gina said...

I love that entire post. And, you know I love that dress. I also think you should have gone with Rocky Dump truck. rad.