It was a car/plane/train party.
Jack got some very nice gifts, his favorite being this car trailer. He hasn't stopped playing with it since he opened it.

Lily went on a field trip with her preschool class to the dentist, I went to help out. When they were leaving they let the kids choose a toy from their prize box. Lily said "I'm going to get a birthday present for Jack!" I told her that she could only choose one prize, and she said "I know!" She chose a car for Jack and saved it for him until his party. I was so proud of her while all the other kids played with their toys on the way back to school and Lily just held her car and talked about how he would like it. It was so thoughtful and sweet. I love both of them so much. She and Jack get along amazingly well and both are generally so kind to each other. I'm so lucky.
The evening of Jack's party we went to the monster truck rally. He loves monster trucks and has watched a couple monster truck movies from the library about a jillion times. 
The evening of Jack's party we went to the monster truck rally. He loves monster trucks and has watched a couple monster truck movies from the library about a jillion times. 
We had a great time.

Our favorite day is Wednesday, garbage day. We wait for the garbage truck and Jack runs out and waves at it every time. After this picture the garbage man stopped to talk and let Jack honk the horn, it was great.

Jack loves his kitties. Here is Ruby when she was especially desperate for attention and actually went to Jack for love.

Jack moved into a big boy bed and it went fine. This last week we moved the kids into the same room in preparation for the baby. The room looks cute but Jack's having a hard time getting to sleep. Here's Jack after falling asleep standing on the side of his bed.

The other day while watching TV Jack climbed up to the back of the couch and right when I looked over he tumbled off the back. I blame lack of sleep, kids with poor sleep habits are much more likely to have injuries. He cried for a long time, really hard, and after about 15 minutes fell asleep. I was worried about a concussion, but he was super tired already. He kept waking up, grabbing his shoulder, and crying. After awhile he woke up and cried and cried still. I took him to the urgent care, and after a long discussion, with the Dr. telling me he was sure it was just soft tissue damage, I decided to do X-rays. Sure enough, mothers intuition was right, he broke his clavicle. The Dr. said that he'd had a grown man in just days earlier with the same break and he was crying and in tons of pain. Jack was so brave and didn't cry when the Dr. was checking him out, he'd just stick out his bottom lip and breath heavy. He's a tough little guy. His bone should heal by itself, but he needs to keep his arm in a sling for 3 weeks. That's a long, long time.

Finally, I've decided to start a new tradition, which is to interview the kids on each birthday so that we can remember the things they were interested in and also to see how they've changed over the year. I think it will be really cool when they're all grown up. Here it is:
What's your favorite color? Red
Favorite animal? Horse (I think he was just copying Lily, who I interviewed at the same time. He usually says Elephants)
Favorite TV Show? "Car Show" (Top Gear, which he and Jared watch together. It's a British show where they drive super cars and sports cars, etc.)
Favorite Movie? Monster Truck Movie (It's a live action movie about monster trucks from the library)
Favorite Food? Cream-o-Wheat
Favorite Hobbie? Ride Bikes
Favorie Dessert? Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Dump Truck Driver
Here's Jack and Jared watching Top Gear.

Jack dipping his pizza in ice cream.

3 comments:
It's not luck. Your children treat each other the same way you treat them. When Lily is sweet to Jack she sounds just like you.
Cute Jack-Jack. My favorite picture is the first one. Lily looks like she has a peg leg. :)
Post a Comment