Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was pretty much the same usual, which is pretty fine with me, we had a great time. Hannah, Eric and beautiful baby Cate came to visit from Denver and Sunny and John came over for the day, too. We had a great dinner with all of our favorites and a couple new additions.
Lily got her usual turkey leg and gnawed on it like a little wolf.
We had probably our highest pie count this year, 8 pies for 8 adults and 2 kids. They're not even normal size pies, they're all huge.
We all spent the day cooking and Grandma took care of he grandkids. They made gumdrop turkeys.
Sunny made snowflakes, which is her hidden talent. She makes amazingly delicate paper snowflakes. Lily did a good job too, and made about 50.
After Thanksgiving day we spent the whole weekend binging on leftovers (for some reason we always make enough food to last about 5 days, eating nothing else) and playing around. We got a new Xbox Kinect and a bunch of games and had a great time playing. Even Lily and Jack can participate, it's fun. Here's Hannah doing a punching game.
In other November news, Jared trimmed his beard in solidarity with a bunch of guys from work. It was not my favorite choice and I couldn't look at him for a couple weeks.
Also we finally sold our Jeep, which was good but I will miss it. I'm having mixed feeling about our truck. Too big.
Lily got school pictures. Adorable.
Jack started talking lots and lots more, some of my favorite things he says are "Awesome", "I love you" and one day after getting ready for church he said "You're beautiful" it was the nicest thing anyone ever said to me since it was coming from Jack and so impromptu.
Jack has been helping to say the prayers, and always for some reason prays for the "Tanker Trucks". He even yells out "Tanker Trucks!" when other people pray.
Lily and I were getting her ready for bed and she kept playing with her horses and not listening to me. I said "Lily, I get really frustrated when I'm trying to get you ready for bed and you're not listening to me." She said back to me very heatedly "Well I'm trying to get them ready, too!" It was so funny, I laughed, but it really reminded me that her stuff is as important to her as my stuff is to me. I'm learning new things all the time.
More posts coming soon, lots of fun winter and Christmas stuff.
This video is a sampling of our dinner, it won't make sense to anyone who wasn't there, but I thought it was a good example of how much fun we were having and laughing until my cheeks hurt. My mom was telling a somewhat serious story about something in her childhood and it was for some reason hilarious.

No comments: