We've been having lots of fun so far this winter. There hasn't been a ton of snow until last night, when it dumped about 14 inches of snow. We've been playing in what snow we've had as much as possible. Here are my sweetest, little snow angels.

Here is Lily on top of a snow mountain that's about 4 or 5 feet tall.

Stoney built a snow horse and snow truck for Lily and Jack.
I heard about a free carriage ride at an outdoor shopping place nearby. Lily freaked out and was way beyond excited.
This is Jack and I on the carriage ride.
Here are Jack and Lily during a cold day at the playground.

I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant now and I'm definitely feeling it. My belly is really popping out now. I generally feel pretty good, besides the fatigue, heartburn and headaches. Lily is excited and has been so sweet. The other day Lily thoughtfully said "When the baby comes, I can do the things that you can't do." I could tell she'd been thinking about it for awhile so I asked "Like what?" and she said "Like do the dishes, or help cook dinner, or help feed the baby." It was so sweet. Later when I was getting she and Jack ready for bed, she asked for a cup of water. Without me saying anything, she could tell I was tired and said "Never mind, I'll go have Dad do it" and gave me a little pat-pat.
Another highlight of our month was a visit from Jared's mom, Marleen. She hadn't been to Utah since Lily was about 3 months old and we hadn't been to visit Oklahoma since Jack was about 1 month old. We had a good time hanging around the house, making a gingerbread house and we even went to see the lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake.

We also went to the Nutcracker Ballet, which was pretty fun. Although it was long for a 4 year old, Lily enjoyed it.

The kids and I have been taking turns with a cold for the last week. Like usual, when Lily got it it effected her lungs the most and she had bad asthma-type of symptoms. We'd run out of her usual nebulizer medicine so after a full day of her crying and moaning with each breath, I took her to the urgent care. Her blood oxygenation levels were low and her heart rate was too high, so the doctor recommended going to the ER. Of course, as soon as we get there she's doing much, much better and even seems happy. They did a couple breathing treatments and sent us home after a couple hours. The next morning she was just fine. Here she is at the hospital. They did a chest x-ray and brought a huge dishwasher size camera in so she could just stay in her bed. We explained that it was a big camera so we could see inside her lungs. They set it all up and when the technicians said they were ready she gave them a perfect cheesy smile for her picture. It was so sweet.

We're all completely focused on Christmas. Here we are with Santa.

Jack is comparing all babies to Baby Jesus, even his baby elephant and giraffe. Lily was eating a hard boiled egg and ate it in such a way that she said "Hey look! It's baby Jesus!" Ha ha!

Merry Christmas everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment