Monday, November 8, 2010

We love Fall!

As stated previously, fall is my favorite time of year. Because of this we do tons of activities in a short period of time. We had so much fun stuff to do and I was pretty bad at taking pictures for some reason. We went to a country farm festival, same one as last year, for a great petting zoo, hay maze, bumpy train ride and fun activities. We also played with some baby burros while on a field trip with Lily's preschool class to the pumpkin patch. The kids love these animals so much, why can't I have a bunch of baby animals to play with at my home? We went on a family drive in the mountains on a Sunday afternoon in our shiny new truck we'd just bought. It was supposed to just be an hour or two, but we just went on some dirt roads and got a little turned around and it ended up being way too long. We had a great time anyway and saw dozens of deer, 2 moose, a funny grouse (bird) that wouldn't get out of the road, beaver dams, and lots of beautiful fall scenery. Lily found a real bone which she was really excited about. Jack got carsick towards the end and puked on our new truck's seat.
Jack and I had a nice date shopping and having lunch at In & Out. He was so sweet and this is one of my favorite pictures.
It snowed a little early this year, October 25th. We were very excited even though it was only a flurry. We woke up with about an inch to play with for a couple hours. We're excited for winter.
Jack finally got his favorite elephants back. Mama and Baby elephant were stolen on our trip to California in September. We've managed to pretty much replace everything except the elephants because IKEA was out of stock until just last week. He was still asking about getting new elephants almost every day. He's so happy to have them back and holds Mama every night while he sleeps.
On a walk by the river.
Now on to Halloween, and I'm so mad at myself for not getting better pictures. Lily was a little, nice witch with a broom and a black cat on it. Jack said he wanted to be a dumptruck so I made one out of a diaper box and I must say it turned out pretty great. We loved it and they were both adorable.
We had a Halloween party in our backyard. It was great and we had some fun games and spooky snacks. Spider and ghost cupcakes, chili and finger breadsticks, the kids decorated cookies. Cute stuff.
Jared's been busy working and lovingly caressing his new truck. We got an Xbox Kinect which is really fun for the whole family. Jared's also been spending some quality time with The Walking Dead comics and the new TV show. Zombies.... He feels that it helps him to be prepared for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. It's emergency preparedness, which is important.
I've been pretty busy with regular mom stuff, making costumes, cupcakes, cleaning up various kid barfs, etc. In baby #3 news, my gut is definitely getting tight, and I've been feeling the baby move regularly, which is fun. Lily even felt it once. We went to the 20 week ultrasound and somehow managed to control ourselves not find out the gender of the baby. We've got it written down in an envelope and hidden. We'll see how it goes, I'm don't know if I'm committed enough to hold out for the next 20 weeks. Here is a picture of the little guy or girl.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

How about we open the envelope for your birthday?

Staci said...

Good job being strong in not finding out the gender of your little babe. I couldn't do it. I THOUGHT about it, but that's as far as I made it. I love Jack's costume. My Caden said he wanted to be a dumptruck next year. Even though I have a whole year I have been kinda worried. I didn't know how I was going to make a dumptruck.

Dirtius Wifius said...

I considered not finding out, but I wussed out immediately. Good luck!

Where did you find the festival? My kids are totally in love with animals but we can't have any at home because of allergies. A petting zoo and activities would be perfect!

Also, looks like your halloween party was fun. :) Very cute costumes!