Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cute stuff

It's been a while since I put up a post specifically about how cute the kids are. Sure, that's basically what the whole blog is, but this post is shamelessly cute.
The kids are always doing and saying things that are unbelievably cute, and unfortunately most times I forget them. This morning Lily got a small box of Nerds candy and Jack pretended to be her puppy. She would say "Puppy, roll over 3 times" and Jack would do it and she would throw one tiny candy on the floor. He would pant like a puppy and eat it, it was adorable. They come up with the funniest, sweetest little games.
Lily's been wearing her black rubber boots occasionally since it's been raining outside, then she has Jack pull off her boots. It takes for ever and he has to pull with all his might and then falls across the entire room after it pops off. I think it's hilarious because my dad used to have me pull off his cowboy boots and I loved it.
Jack's slowly been working on potty training. He pees on the potty whenever we ask him if he wants to, but he hasn't initiated going all by himself yet. I love that it's a whole family affair. Lily loves it because she gets a treat whenever he goes because he gets a treat and I feel bad that she's left out. I love this picture, because Lily set up her horses to help and so is Jamal-cat.
Lily has been obsessed with horses for the last couple of months. We got an educational kids horse movie at the library and the kids watched it over and over for a couple weeks. One of the first scenes is a horse giving birth and it's not pretty. At first I was worried that it would really freak her out because she's super sensitive, especially about movies. After a few times watching it I asked her if she wanted me to skip that part and she said "No, this is my favorite part. I think it's neat. That's how your baby's going to come out, too." She's my little nature girl.
She's got a collection of horses, ponies, zebras and burros now. She's got a little farm for them, she sleeps with them, feeds them, even gives them baths. One has soft hair, here she is blow drying it after a bath. They have names like Popcorn, Goldie, Pinky and my favorite, Carla Zinnia Carmel.
They're both so cute and fun. I'm going to try and do a better job remembering the little funny things that happen. Here's a recent picture of us before having dinner up the canyon to admire the leaves. I love Utah in fall.

1 comment:

Gina said...

How adorable. Are you guys going to be around for thanksgiving? we're coming up, and we're bringing the slabaughs with us!!! we should get together. call me.