Thursday, September 2, 2010
Oww, my freakin' EYE!!!!!!
Lately I've been thinking about my laser eye surgery because it was about a year ago and my eyes are still extremely sensitive. If anything hits me, or if I get an eyelash in my eye, it hurts like crazy. But my vision is excellent and I LOVE not wearing contacts or glasses.
Yesterday I was helping Lily pick out her clothes, I was bent over and Lily pulled the shirt out really fast and hit me in the eye. It hurt really bad and even ten minutes later it still was excruciating. It felt like there was something in there but I couldn't rinse it out. After about 10 minutes I went downstairs and got my mom who didn't see anything, but agreed we needed to make an emergency trip to the optometrist.
When we got there the assistants had to lead me around the office because I couldn't see anything. The Dr. said "That is NOT a happy eye." I have a Corneal Abrasion, there's a big chunk missing. Since it wasn't a clean scrape, there were some skin hunks the doctor had to pull off with tweezers. Then they put on a contact to help it heal and since I'm pregnant there were a bunch of problems about what they could give me, basically just ibuprofen for pain, which doesn't do anything. I was in a lot of pain yesterday, and just like when I got Lasik I got nauseous and had to lay in the dark bedroom while everybody else had fun.
Today is much, much better. It's itchy, blurry and a little burny, but not really painful at all. It is going to heal just fine, and it could have been much worse. I'm so, SO greatful for my vision. My advice to everyone is to wear safety goggles ALL the time, especially around little kids and cherish your eyes every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My eye got scratched when I was a little kid. I got to wear an eye patch for a week. You should get one of those!!! Arrrrrrrr!
Feel better soon, friend!!! How miserable!
My brother got scratched in the eye and got to get drops that made his eye glow in the dark...it was awesome especially since I was like 8 years old. We hope you heal super fast!
Post a Comment