Monday, August 23, 2010

It's a Miracle!!!

I did it!!! I ran a half-marathon! 13.1 miles! I'm so amazed that I was actually able to do it. This has been a huge battle for the last month or so. While training the week before the race after I ran 10 miles my left foot started to hurt a lot, so much that I was limping around all week. By Wednesday I had decided that it wasn't meant to be and after months of training I would give up. I was P.O.'d and sad and felt like I had wasted months of my life. My sister Hannah talked me into trying it and I decided I would go for it and if it didn't work than I just would quit in a big pile of shame. The night before I only slept about 3 hours and had to get up at 4:30am to be to Mapleton by 5ish to get on the bus then wait forever in the freezing cold until the race started at 8ish (it was supposed to start at 7:15). Once it started I felt fine and my foot didn't hurt too much at all. The first 5 miles were a pretty good downhill which was awesome, and I felt great. By mile 8 I was getting tired and my foot was hurting, then by 10 my foot hurt really bad. Although it was slow I finished and didn't have to walk and I'm so glad I did it. I'm sore all over, my legs, my ribs, my hips, even my guts and I've determined I'm really not meant to be a runner. I have no idea how anyone does a marathon.
On top of the foot problems, I had some kind of bronchitis or something last month that seriously cramped my training and also knee problems that almost stopped the whole thing. On top of all of that was the worst and best of all, morning sickness! That's right, I'm pregnant! My due date is March 26th, which is within a month of both other kids birthdays. I'm about 10 weeks now and have been really feeling it for the last month or so. I'm not too sick, as long as I eat carbs all the time, which isn't too shabby, I'm just really, really tired. Completely incapacitated. Every day that I had to run was a huge struggle.
Other than that we're really excited. Lily doesn't seem to care too much, mainly because I told her it's going to be a long, long time, until after she's 5, which to her is a gazillion years away. Jack doesn't really know what we're talking about, except that he likes babies a lot. My sister Hannah has come to visit from Denver with her 8 week old baby and Jack is very interested in her and both kids like to help a lot. It's adorable.
We're all so excited and also nervous. Lots of exciting things happening.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Nice blogannouncement, lady!

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Congrats !!! So exciting for you guys to have another little one. Your one tough cookie running a Half marathon pregnant---- gooo! Way to go!

Gina said...

I just love yer guts. You're amazing, and your determination is inspiring. xoxo. Live, Laugh, Love.


pfft.

Anonymous said...

Who's my pretty baby? Who's my pretty little baby? It's you Jen.--mom