During August Thanksgiving Point had $2 Tuesdays which we tried to take full advantage of. One day we went to the Farm area, the kids went on Horse/Pony rides and we looked at animals.
We also played in the garden.
We also played in the garden.
We finally went to the dinosaur museum, which was cool but very crowded.

We went camping for the first time in a tent. We were all nervous but it went pretty well. We went with my parents who slept in their camper. 

We had a great time, the kids got caked in dirt and Cheeto cheese, a special camping treat.

Lily finished up her gymnastics/ballet/tap dance class that she loved so much.

One day while playing hide and seek with her Baby Burro she opened a drawer in the living room that doesn't get used and she found an Easter egg that she'd hidden for me and forgotten about. She made it at preschool and I didn't even know it existed. Luckily it didn't stink at all.

One of the highlights of August was that my sister Hannah, her hubby Eric and new baby Cate came to visit. 

Cate in the hammock. She's an incredibly beautiful baby.

Jack loves baby Cate and was excited to help. He gave her kisses and once while in the car she was fussing and he said "Look baby, police car!".

We went for a picnic up the canyon.

While they were here we did family pictures in the back yard.

One reason they came out was for Eric to do a half Iron man triathlon. It was all down at Utah Lake. We had to get there really early in the morning, but it was beautiful, there was even a rainbow behind him while he was swimming. 

It was so exciting to watch them all swim and then jump out and hop on bikes. It was really fun and we had a good time cheering. I'm amazed that anyone can do that.

Also while Hannah was here we went to the county fair. We went right after it rained and for some reason there was hardly anyone there, which is perfect for a fair. Jack rode on the carousel and made this hilarious grumpy face, until it started and he yelled "Yeehaw" the whole time.

Lily chose to ride the Ferris wheel, which is a huge deal, because she has always been so scared of all rides. As you can see, once we were on she had second thoughts but she enjoyed it after we got going. I was so proud of her for being brave.

We also looked at lots of animals, which is always fun.

Other than that Jared's been out on his boat several times, I ran, we had lots of picnics, trips to the library, Seven Peaks Water Park, lots of good stuff. This was a fun summer but I'm thrilled that fall is on it's way, we still have lots more fun planned including school, a trip to California, and other fall activities so stay tuned.

2 comments:
SO sweet! BTW - there is a very famous dream sequence among my friends wherein I am in Oprah's house, she gets angry with me, and I tell her "I'm not a tourist, Jesus sent me."
Jenny, I loooove the family pictures. You are all so god lookin'. :) Miss you.
Post a Comment