Monday, August 9, 2010

Funny funny kids

Why are my kids so funny? We have so much fun all day and it seems like we're laughing all the time.
Lately I've become re-obsessed with the show, Ninja Warrior. It's a Japanese game show with a series of obstacle courses, but it's not the funny one, it's the really, really serious one where people devote their lives to it, I love it (my favorite guy is Makoto Nagano, he's awesome). Lily loves it too, it's the first show she asks for and she calls it "Injin Warrior" which is so funny I don't correct her. She said she had a dream about it last night that she was the winner. It made me so happy.
So turns out bribery can go both ways. I was trying to do something on the computer and was trying to concentrate and she kept climbing on me and jumping and wiggling and I said something like "You're kind of bugging me" and she thoughtfully said "I wouldn't bug you anymore if I had some candy." HA!
Here she is asleep after a long day at the lake.
Jack is funny in his own way, too. He makes jokes. Lily will try to make a knock knock joke (which never make any sense) and Jack will then walk around and knock on my leg, or on Lily and say "Knock knock" which he thinks is a hilarious joke.
He also thinks burps and "beeps" (passing gas) are hilarious, so he fits right in. You know how kids just keep repeating something until you acknowledge them? One day we were at Lily's gymnastics class when an older kid nearby "beeped". Jack laughed and then kept saying to me "Beeped" as in "hey, did you hear that kid fart?". I didn't want to embarrass the kid who probably knew what Jack was saying, so I ignored it and Jack just kept laughing and saying "beeped! beeped! beeped!" over and over until I was shaking trying to hold in the laughs. Eventually the poor kid walked away and Jack finally dropped it.
Here's something he will think is hilarious when he's a little bit older, so I'm going to write it down. The other night, after lovingly saying goodnight and cuddling, when he was laying down said "Here Mama" and handed me something. It was dark so I couldn't see what it was until I took it, it was a booger. Thanks Jack.
Here are some funny pictures to prove how funny they are.
Lily got a new big bed which she loves, so Jack got her old toddler bed. We put some car stickers on it and he loves it. One night after him sleeping well in it I said "I don't think he even knows he can get out of it" and then peeked into his room an found him asleep on the floor.
Lily loves her family of Burro's which has expanded to all equine animals. We got a foam barn craft project which Lily was excited to show the burro's and so she set them all up so they could admire it. Another day she made all of the burro's colorful pirate hats. All on her own, no help or suggestions, how cute is that?
Jack took a shower with his favorite shoes on.
Jack coming out of the closet with fancy shoes on.
Jack giving Ruby cuddles, he was mostly just squishing her.
We went to Bountiful with friends for Pioneer Day, otherwise known as "Second 4th of July". It was great, we went to a fire station and got to walk around the station and play on the trucks, Jack was in heaven. We also did the parade, BBQ, fireworks thing and it was all wonderful. Thanks Barnes'!
We've been crazy busy and having tons of fun. This weeks schedule is a farm (possible pony rides?), county fair, camping, and more. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

So very funny!!! I love the privacy patch in "Jack's shower shoes," btw.