So my little boat is progressing. The bottom is all done and now I am doing the topside. I had to remove all the hardware like pulleys and cleats, make new wooden mast stays, hatch door. I even covered them in clear fiberglass resin to seal and protect it from the elements. I pulled off the teak trim and reconditioned it and oiled it heavily, I am sure there is about 20 years of neglect. As you can see from the pictures, the white is very bright white and I might regret it on the first day out sailing when I am blinded by the light. The red is a high gloss red...but it was the only option in red at West Marine. Then I need to put the hardware back on, the wood trim back on, then start with the mast and boom and rerigging all the new ropes for the whole thing. I want to have it all done before we leave for Hawaii, I would love to come back and have it all done.
No comments:
Post a Comment