I need to catch up on a lot of stuff, we've been busy and I haven't even turned on my computer for over a week. First off is Jared's 33rd birthday. I hinted about his awesome present in a previous blog, here it is. I had two captain hats embroidered with the name of his boat, "J Breezy" and "Captain" and "First Mate". We had a good, really chill birthday with the family and my sister Sunny.



We went to a carnival at the elementary school down the street (Provost, where I attended). Lily decided she wanted a penguin on her cheek, the lady wasn't really sure how to do it, I think she was mostly only doing flowers and butterflies, it was funny.



We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point, it was lovely.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day, probably the best so far. I told Jared all I wanted was a tasty breakfast and a heartfelt card. I got that (he did a late night run for sausages, which were not necessarily for me) and also a gift certificate for a massage. To top it all off, I got a food processor, which has always been a joke between us. I got one for our wedding and Jared talked me into returning it. Ever since, any time I chop anything I point out that I could have used that food processor. Lily made me a wonderful handprint project at school and answered questions about me, here they are:

Jack ate broccoli for the first time in his life, we did the fork airplane and it miraculously worked.
I have this weird thing where I like to take pictures of the desserts I make. Here is a delicious dessert pizza which was especially attractive. We've been eating fresh fruit like crazy now that it's so available. Here is Lily licking the beater in her fairy dress.
Lily finished her first year of preschool. She had a program and got a little diploma. She loved her school so much, her friends at school and her teacher, Mrs. Beach. She's going to really miss it during the summer.
The other day the kids were eating dinosaur gummies when Lily squished her dinosaur and said she made another kind of dinosaur. I didn't know what she was talking about, but she said she wanted to go to the dinosaur museum (at BYU) so I agreed and we went a few hours later. She brought her gummi with her and went straight to the kind of dinosaur that she said she had made and stuck it to the glass.
Finally, the company Jared works for sponsored a 5K up Provo Canyon. They also had races for kids so we were all able to participate. We brought the jogging stroller and when I was leaving in the morning it had a flat. I filled it back up, but when we got to the race we discovered it was flat again. I was a little panicked and realized we weren't going to be able to run the race. I picked up the phone to call my dad, who was possibly going to come watch us, right when he rode around the corner on his bike. In true Stoney fashion, he was prepared and knew exactly how to fix it and we were off and rolling just in time. The kids loved it because we got to ride on a school bus. Jared and I ran the 5K, then after Jack ran 100 meters. He was a little scared at first but Lily helped him and he had a good time. Then Lily ran 1/4 mile and did great, too. She ran all by herself and just chugged along. They both got medals and prizes. It was a lot of fun.










2 comments:
"Another Kind of Dinosaur" is my new wallpaper. It's also my new band name and life path.
When your kids are grown, and they contemplate back to their childhood and the kind of raising they got...they will probably spend hours laughing and reminiscing saying, "remember that one time..." And, "ya, mom would always..." or "Dad was the best at..." and they will have such fun memories of the best times they had growing up. That is the best thing you could ever give them. You guys are awesome parents and I love you!! xoxo Naun
Post a Comment