Lily has been cracking me up big time lately. She keeps randomly changing words, which is hilarious and the kind of dorky humour that I love. Like "potty" into "gotty" "Mama, I have to go gotty." Hehehe
Jack was running through the grocery store and ran right into a soap display and instantly got a huge black eye, poor little fella. He looked pretty cool, though. After that healed he fell and skidded on the sidewalk and got a big road rash on his leg, knees, nose and forehead. 

I got some sassy red shoes and both Lily and Jack loved them. I ended up having to hide them because they both wanted to wear them all the time and jack ended up screaming and crying on the floor.



Jack washing his police car (he only ever plays with his cars and trucks) and combing his luxurious hair.

Lily and Jack got matching jammies and went crazy they loved it so much.

Lily lined up chairs on the deck and took her animals on a train ride.

Jack is a great eater, he eats a ton, but not vegetables at all. To make up for it he drinks "green juice". It's superfood with fruits and veggies and wheat grass and all this crazy healthy stuff. We've made it into a big treat so he drinks it all up. It looks like swamp scum and he gets it all over the place, it's pretty scary.

Jack has started singing (and kinda mumbling) with us, he sings along with "ABC's", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", Lily's special song she made up "Mooney Mooney, Star Star Star", and in "You are my Sunshine" he sings "hap-py" so cute, he's a champ.
Lily and my mom were watching the new nature show "Life" and there was a bug or something that was trying to find a girlfriend and would throw all of his opponents out of the tree. When the girlfriend finally came, he threw her out of the tree. Grandma said "Why did that crazy bug do that?" and Lily said "Maybe he just needed a break." So true, Lily, so true.
As for the parents, I learned how to make home made bread (thanks Hannah) and it's delicious (I'm doing a special "no-whites" diet for the month of April, more on that in a later post) and Jared has been working on his boat a lot (more on that, too).
Jared went to California a couple weeks ago, I went to Denver last week, Jared is hoping to finally get to Oklahoma this upcoming weekend and our trip to Hawaii is coming up in 36 days, but who's counting?
Other than that, spring is here and it's wonderful. It's warmed up, the windows are open, the trees are all blossoming and the kids point out every "popcorn popping tree", we've been going for bike rides, stroller rides, working in the yard, washing the cars (for 6 hours!). Yesterday while eating lunch we kept hearing the garbage truck outside, which is a very exciting time for Jack, and we decided to take our lunch out on the deck and watch the truck. It was a fun time and after the garbage was picked up we were treated to a nice thunderstorm, we watched the rain fall while cuddling up under a blanket on the porch swing. I love being a mom and I think about how grateful I am to be able to stay at home with the kids at least once every day. Thanks Jare-bear. (It's Jare-bear's birthday this Monday, I think he's going to be like 48, I have the raddest present for him, I'm so excited! stay tuned)

6 comments:
Are you freaking kidding me, home-made bread?!? With help from your sister? >:( Harumph! I asked you BOTH for advice and/or recipes and you both pawned me off on Stoney. Do you have any idea what Stoney's recipe for bread is?! He cups his hands as a measurement for flour, points to the holes in the lid of the salt shaker with instructions to 'be careful,' and gauges the temperature of the yeast-activating water by whether or not he's just been on a bike ride. Enjoy your delicious bread, fancypants.
I love the pictures of the kids, though. Jack is seriously too wonderful!
OK. Sunny's comment made me wet myself. Your dad is the bomb-diggity. Seriously, I'm dying. I love you and miss you. Fancypants indeed.
Okay! So what did Jared get for his birthday???
Miss Jenny!!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!! Way to go! You make me want to work hard and make something happen too! I love your blog posts, they are always encouraging and fun! The kids are growing and are super cute! We sure miss you guys and wish we lived closer!! Maybe we can plan a summer visit! Keep up the good work, YOU ROCK!!! XOXO Naun
1. I love Sunny's sarcasm/love.
2. The matching jammies kill me.
3. Jack is such a little Stoney.
4. You can't beat the kids and then post the results of said beating on on your blog. (jk)
5. I miss you.
6. That's all, really.
Post a Comment