Monday, April 12, 2010

Springy Spring Spring

We're all so excited that Spring is finally on it's way. As it's been getting warmer, Lily regularly tells me all the things that she has planned when it warms up, such as swimming, planting our garden, finding bugs, etc. Spring has been slow coming, just like any normal Utah spring, it gets warm, then snows, then warm again, then more snow.
Easter morning we woke up to 4 inches of snow, which put a kink in my Easter egg hunt plans. Luckily it was all melted by 4. Jared was gone most of the week before in California for bidness and some fun, too. After our special Easter breakfastthe kids looked for their baskets that were hidden around the house, ate candy, then we watched conference and later in the afternoon had an egg hunt in the backyard, which is a great place for it, then ate more candy. Also for Easter we dyed eggs,
went to the Church hunt,
went to the Provo City hunt (total nightmare except this fire truck).
Daylight savings was a problem. I had to wake up Lily for school for the first time ever and she was so floppy. At dinner, it was still sunny outside when I said it was time to eat, she said "No it isn't" as if I was joking, and when she saw the food she had this silly face and said "Is this lunch-dinner?"
Also in anticipation of spring we grew some butterflies! I mentioned earlier that for Lily's birthday she got a butterfly garden. We sent away for some caterpillars and had a great time watching them grow. They seemed to double in size every day. The finally went into their pupas and came out as painted lady butterflies. This last Sunday was finally warm enough to release them and they all flew away. It was a really fun project.
I love spring time and we have a lot of plans for exciting fun stuff to do. We can't wait.

2 comments:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

So fun!!! :)

Meredith and PJ said...

Jack's fakey smile with all the teeth rocks my face off. & Lily is too grown up. I remember when Bradyn went through the same thing, ya know, the floppiness after daylight savings?! Is it spring there yet?