Thursday, February 18, 2010

Funny stuff

I've got some funny stories saved up that I think are necessary to share with everyone and record for all our posterity to enjoy along with funny faces made while eating dinner (I don't think Jared expected this to be on the blog).
During the Conan O'Brien/Jay Leno drama I bought this shirt to support my best friend Conan. When I told Jared about the shirt he asked if I'd bought him one, I said "no", and he replied in all seriousness "Why not? I'm the one that actually sees people." OOOOoooooh, there was so much trouble after that one, and I've still been bringing it up every chance I get.
One day when Jack was grouchy I was holding him and put him down and he cried his pathetic, sad cry. Lily who was observing this, said in a very swooney, lovey tone "He liiiikes you." It was funny.
Jack learned how to say "poop" which is hilarious every time he says it. I was bent over cleaning the fridge one day and the washcloth made a farty noise and Jack laughed, walked over, pointed at my bum and said in his sweet little voice "Poop".
Lily was working diligently on a drawing of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. She decided to paint green eyes on it and said "Would that be in-ster-ting?"
Lily has also started making up jokes, but doesn't quite understand what jokes are. While sitting on the toilet she said "I'm going to tell you a joke. What do animals look like?" I said "I don't know, what?" "Squares." I laughed very hardily. Here's another one, also while on the toilet:
Lily: "Where does lots and lots of toilet paper go?" Jenny: "I don't know, where?"
Lily: "The pipes"
Again, I laughed very hard. We laugh a lot at our house, it's pretty great.

1 comment:

Jen said...

The bestest jokes are always written from the toilet. Love it.