Friday, July 3, 2009

Keeping Busy

So far this summer we've been keeping pretty busy on a day to day basis. One thing that I love about California so far is that there is always something to do. There so many cool places to go and new stuff to see. A few times we have gone to a little nature center near our house. This time was with our friends Liz, Mason and Haley. We had an OK walking around looking at lizards and stuff, and more fun having a picnic at these kid size tables. Here is Lily when we decided to make bird seed balls out of pine cones. We hung them up on our back porch and no birds have come. We went to the beach last weekend for the first time since we've been here. It was obviously Jack's first time to the ocean, and Lily hasn't been since she was Jack's size. I specifically wanted to find some tide pools so that we could look at some cool stuff. Lily was a little freaked out by the crabs and general noise, etc. of the ocean. Jack seemed to love it and wasn't scared of anything about it and tried to drink one little pool. We had a little picnic at the beach and had a lot of fun. I hope to make it a regular occurrence while we're here.
We've also been to our pool at the apartment a lot, exercising at a huge city park and having a lot of picnics. I think we've had a picnic almost every day. I have a list of all kinds of different things that I want to do and things to see, it's turning out to be a pretty good summer so far.

1 comment:

Jill said...

regardless of all the fun, we still miss you in our boiling hotness.