When my parents came to visit in February, my dad and Jar-bear finally got started on a project that I've been wanting to do for about 3 years. An upholstered headboard! The idea started out as a standard batting and fabric project, and evolved into a copy of this headboard found in Pottery Barn for like $700. So with my intense instruction, my dad's expertise in wood-working, and Jared's brute strength and submissiveness to my every command (mwaa haa haaaaa) it turned into this beautiful work of art! 
The fabric is a soft chenille and the stain matches our other furniture perfectly. The fabric will be pretty easy to change, too, if I want to have different colors for different seasons, or something. We also got new lamps, rug and breadspread which I love.
They did a fantastic job and it's better that I even imagined. I love it! Yahoooooo! Jared did most of the work and he did a great job, it became more of his project than mine. Maybe Jared will be the next Yankee workshop guy. (sweeeeet, an old-school PBS reference. Remember watching that and Bob Ross?)
5 comments:
I have those same pictures (Green set of three) in Zoii's room. I love them! And I love the new head board. I might have to have him make me one!
I love your bedspread!
That is so beautiful!! I am glad you finally put another post on. :)
your room does look fantastic. You should come to Denver and help me with mine.
AWESOME! It looks great!
Post a Comment