

From the left, this is "Lily 2", holding her bear bank, which she calls "Money Bank Bear", we cleaned him up and he's good as new. I got him from Allen's Drug when I was probably about 6, I remember that day. Then there is pink bunny, Lilly (the original), a plaid purple horse, a green football guy that was my Dad's, a frog named "Beth", a big white bear that I named "Pavarotti", a blue carebear, a mouse wearing a red paisley parka that was sewed by a crazy lady from Alaska. She was a friend of my moms, and sewed a bunch of weird native Alaskan clothes for Barbies, including furry Mukluks. Not really every little girls dream Barbie clothes. Then there is a very old monkey, bunny and elephant, I think that they must be from at least the '60's, pink and purple bunnies, and glow worm, which I remember when my hands were too little to squeeze him and make him light up, and I was scared and would hug it so tightly while walking into my parents room at night. Then there's brown bear my Grandma sewed which has a zipper pouch to hold pajama's, and last but certainly not least, my favorite of all, my doll "Sleepy baby". She still has the fingernail polish that me and my mom painted on her, and the yellow marker line that Sunny drew on her foot and I was devastated.
For all of Jared's people that are totally ignoring this post (I don't blame you) this is for you:
Also found in the box were all my old ticket stubs, millions of different name tags from different jobs, the Nissan badge from my Dad's truck that I wrecked, and pictures of Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter that I cut out of a magazine when I was about 16, proving that I have always been a real fan and not one of the people that are finally now jumping on the bandwagon. So of all those gems, some were tossed, some went back in the box, and a few were sterilized and passed on to Lily.
This post might not be interesting to anyone else, but I was laughing the entire time I wrote it, and isn't that really the only thing that matters?
3 comments:
You are, without a doubt, one of the funniest people I know. That's because you find humor in the oddest things. And when you report the humorous things, you do it in a way that is absolutely HILARIOUS! I adore you. --mel
You must keep all of these things. You had them around your house when I was there and I felt like I was home. I remember your fat little hands trying to hug that glow worm.
And why did Sunny color all over stuff?..didn't she draw eye balls on sleepy baby?
Greg has NINE! boxes such as you described! NINNNNNNNNNNNNNNE!!!
Post a Comment