Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Little Jack is 1!

Jack's birthday was February 22nd and he officially is 1 year old. For his birthday, I decided to make a special birthday post all about him.
1 Day
Jack loves to eat paper, and you know what, I let him. As long as he's not going to choke on it, who cares if he wants to eat it.
5 Days
Jack is now crawling up on his knees, mostly. Yahoo!
1 Month
Jack likes to make spit bubbles. Come on, who doesn't, right?
3 Months
Jack is still very sensitive to noises. When he was a baby, he would cry every time he would hear the ice maker and every time we were in a public bathroom. He's not that sensitive anymore, but he still cries sometimes at loud noises or when Lily cries or screams. Even if he doesn't cry, he looks very distressed.
5 Months
Jack eats A LOT. He easily doubles or triples what Lily eats. Typical meals would be : almost 2 packets of instant oatmeal and about 1/2 cup of fruit and cup of juice; a whole big pancake, one or two sausages, about 1/2 cup of fruit and cup of juice; 5-7 chicken nuggets, 1/2 cup rice and veggies. All this and he only weighs 18 lbs! He also loves meatballs, ravioli, squash, grapes, blueberries and noodles.

6 Months

He hates almost all vegetables, especially green ones, and will only drink apple juice. Sounds like trouble, right? At his last Dr's appt he was underweight and the doctor was worried and told me he needed formula to start gaining. I'm pretty sure he's OK now.

7 Months

Jack is a little cuddler. Every time he wakes up he needs at least 10 minutes of cuddling before I can put him down and I can hold him, kiss him and squeeze him as much as I want and he doesn't fight it.

8 Months

Jack loves to be upside down. Don't know why, he always has.

9 Months

Jack loves to be tossed up in the air and when I pretend to drop him. Anything that seems like he's about to barf, he loves it. I've only bonked his head on a light once.

10 Months

Jack still loves baths pretty much more than anything. He goes crazy in there, splashing, blowing bubbles, crawling around. He gets completely dunked and comes up with a big grin.

11 Months

Jack is a little charmer. He'll smile and flirt with just about anybody.

1 Year

Jack is such a little miracle. Everyday I am so amazed and so grateful for him. When I was pregnant, I was genuinely worried that I wouldn't love a boy as much as I loved Lily but I was completely wrong. I love him just as much, and it came even easier the second time, partly because it wasn't such a shock to the system as the first one, and partly because he's been such a nice and easy little fella. Jack is a great son and a great little brother and we're all so grateful to have him around.

4 comments:

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

oh man it is so sad that you guys live away because I feel like I don't know Jack at all....:((( What a little cutie though!

Sunny said...

I AM THE WORST AUNT EVER!!! I can't believe I forgot Jack's birthday! Jenny - this post was wonderful. I can't believe he's 1.

julieannepapa said...

Happy Birthday Jack!

The Hill's said...

Happy Birthday Jack! You are too cute and I just want to pinch your cheeks!