Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shmalentines Day

Normally Valentine's day is not a big deal to Jared and I. It's actually kind of a tradition to go out and celebrate it on a day other than the 14th. We don't generally give each other gifts and what not, but we do nice things for each other, etc. This Valentine's day was fun because Lily was pretty excited, so we did a little extra, like making heart cookies and eating conversation hearts. Every time Lily eats one, she "reads" it, and it's always either "Go Girl" (which is an actual heart saying), or "Love". We also went to a little Valentine's party with her friends where they exchanged cards, which included temporary tattoos, her favorite thing. She always has at least one tattoo at a time. We also shared a big cupcake that had hot pink frosting. Jack enjoyed it, as you can see. It stained his skin pink for a few days and I'm not going to describe the diapers, but you can imagine.
On Valentine's day we went to the Phoenix Desert Botanical Gardens for their special art exhibition called Chihuly: The Nature of Glass ( http://www.dbg.org/index.php/chihuly ). I knew that it was going on and wanted to go, but tickets were too expensive. Luckily Target sponsored a special free weekend and I called and reserved tickets a month ago for Valentines day. I'm so glad we were able to go, it was ridiculously awesome. Jared took all the pictures with our spanking new camera, but the pictures seriously don't do it justice. The botanical gardens are cool by themselves, but with the glass it was amazing. Jared wanted to do his own post about the botanical Gardens, so keep reading for his post with pictures.
Target had a kids craft area where they could make nifty reproductions of the glass using pipe cleaners, tissue paper, shrinky dinks and such.
After that, for valentines night, we had our baby sitting group over for the first time, which was great. We take care of 7 kids for three hours once a month and then we get 3 weeks of date nights for free! Yahoooooo!
As part of our valentines celebration, I made a delicious Grand Slam breakfast on Sunday morning and gave Jared a great Valentine's haircut. Jared made me a delicious Valentine's day pizza/sandwich.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST????!!! Apparently I'm a moron. I love this post. I love pink Jacky with a heart nose. I LOVE the look on Lily's face when she is sitting in the stroller, pulling her collar up close to disguise her facial expression, deciding whether or not she would reveal her secret to the press. I told you: I'm a moron. I love you.

Jen said...

Jack looks absolutely delicious! You are all looking so great! You're pretty much our favorite family ever. Miss you guys!